Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IAH-MEM-BOS

Tue Dec 19, 2000 2:17 am

NW 1084
12/16/00: 6:30a.m.

I arrive gate B-86 at IAH at 5:30a.m. for the departure to Memphis on a DC9-40. I show the gate agent my silver elite card and ask for upgrades on the two flights I am taking today. I got the upgrade on the MEM-BOS flight but not on the IAH-MEM flight. This is hard to believe on a Saturday morning. The flight was completly full! Oh well, I go to my seat 5F (bulkhead). But wait: Right before the cabin door was closed the gate agent comes running onto the plane and gives me the first class ticket and he sends me to seat 1B. Now how is that for service?! On the 1 hour flight to Memphis we were served cheerios, a bannana, a bagel, and yogurt. The food was excellent. The landing was smooth. I sprinted to gate D-1 for my next flight.

NW 806
12/16/00: 8:45a.m.

I arrive at gate D-1 at 8:00 for the flight to BOS, and this flight was overbooked on a Saturday morning?! They were offering $400 to anyone who would take a later flight that day. I boarded the plane and went to my first class seat 3D. We had an ontime departure on the DC9-30 in a very foggy MEM. Visibility was 1/2 miles. To eat, I had the same thing that I had on the flight before. We were a few minurtes early on the arrival in BOS were it was raining. The gate was 1-B in Terminal E.

I took the very long indoor pedestrian walkway to the Hilton Boston Logan. I was given room 971. One of the channels on the T.V. was showed flight status for flights that day and you could listen to the air traffic control on that channel. They also had something that seemed like Web T.V.

Overall, NW had the best service I have had in a long time by any airline.

I will post the rest of my flights later.

Thanks for reading,

NW-ELITE

American 767

RE: IAH-MEM-BOS

Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:21 am

My pleasure. I always enjoy reading trip reports. So you got your upgrade with Northwest at the very last minute before the flight closed. That's nice isn't it? It happend to me with American recently on my last trip. If you want to know more about my last trip, please read my trip report.
Glad to hear you arrived safely in BOS.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium

Tue Dec 19, 2000 9:46 am

That is very nice. Most agents could be lazy about it but not this time. They really went out of their way to help people on all of my flights I took on NW this weekend.  

nwa747-400

Thu Dec 21, 2000 12:57 am

I have found most NW agents to be the exact opposite of lazy....just as you have NW-ELITE

nwa man

Thu Dec 21, 2000 8:54 am

Looks like you experienced what I had the pleasure of last month...a 100% full flight to Boston. Of course, I flew the 5pm flight the night before Thanksgiving...but still, NW has been doing very well out of BOS lately. When Logan finally finishes the Terminal E renovation, NW will have a terminal to be proud of as well as a strong customer base to back it up.

NWA Man

SegmentKing

Mon Dec 25, 2000 11:08 am

I flew First class on NW LAS - DTW and it was really good... the gate agents were wonderful and so was the flight attendant... i especially like the 757s... tons of storage space.. I was just upset that there were a ton of crying children in the forward part of coach... couldn't really sleep much. Plus some people that weren't in very appropriate "clothing" if you even want to call it that made it up to First Class after the initial boarding.. they couldn't be nonrevs and there were still seats open in the back... I just think that when you fly First Class, you should have more clothing on than a Tank top (woman) exposing your breast.. not tactful at all...

And the other time I flew First Class was on an overbooked MEM - ORD flight... DC 9 - 50... service was good and First Class was packed... the staff in Memphis really do what they can to promote loyalty among their frequent flyers and regular travelers!

Nate

nwa747-400

Thu Dec 28, 2000 2:49 pm

It's so nice to see people finally giving Northwest the respect it deserves!!