Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BH346
Topic Author

Southwest Airlines:Kansas City To Nashville

Sun Nov 05, 2000 1:45 pm

10/26/00 Southwest Airlines flight 467 Kansas City/MCI-Nashville/BNA
We got to the airport an hour early to find that our flight was delayed for 20 minutes due to fog in Baltimore/BWI(where the plane came from to get to MCI). Check in with Southwest was a breeze, and we walked around Terminal B for half an hour. There was a horrible smell in the terminal and there is a small amount of shops and restaraunts. We got bored and decided to go to the gate. Because the terminal is VERY narrow, each airline's group of gates have their own security checkpoint. This is very inconvinient if you want something to eat, want to look at the store, go to the bathroom, or get bored. Leave the gate, and you'll have to go through security again when you return. Later on, we discovered our flight was now delayed for an hour, and I decided to listen to some music and look out the window to watch the planes   . The gate agents frequently updated us on our flight, with an apology at the end of each announcement. We finally boarded the 737-700. We were in the second boarding group. The cattle call wasn't as bad as I thought. We got a seat next to the engine.
The flight was pretty bumpy as we cruised to 41,000 ft. Then, we cruised smoothly. We were served honey roasted peanuts with drinks. Not bad. I found their seats to be very comfortable, and the plane was fairly clean.
Nashville International Airport is excellent. Nice terminal, clean, nice, large check-in area with a large glass wall with colorful reflecting panels around there. Short-term parking was right across from the terminal, and a moving walkway made it easy to get through the parking building.
Flight summary
+Nice plane-737-700
+More laid-back crew
+Updated often on flight
-delayed for an hour
On a scale of 1-10, I give it an 8

10/29/00 Southwest Airlines flight 660 Nashville/BNA-Kansas City/MCI
We showed up at the terminal an hour early and everything was on time, and check-in was a breeze. There were many shops and restaraunts and like I said earlier, the airport is nice. The only thing I found wrong was that I found Concourse C to be long and winding. We looked at the stuff from the stores, and then went to our gate. And, the plane in the gate next to ours was Californa One, bound for Baltimore/BWI! I also noticed a 727 that said "Falcon Air" on it. Could someone tell me about this airline?
The flight to Nashville was normal and smooth, but I noticed how dirty the plane is. There was garbage under the seat in front of me, and there was dirt smeared all over the seat belt and smoking signs. Also, I noticed that the only places with club seating were the exit rows. And the bulkhead seats. We were served pretzels, honey-roasted peanuts, and a drink. That was a larger meal than the ones I get on flights from Wichita/ICT to Memphis/MEM on Mesaba/Northwest Airlink, which was an hour and 45 minutes long flight. This flight was 1 hour, 8 minutes long. It was pretty good, too. The approach to MCI was smooth, and I saw a plane(I think another 737) flew by us, and it flew by really quickly, gone in a few seconds. There was rain in Kansas City so we flew though a lot of clouds. Landing was smooth. We got our bags and took the bus back to Satellite parking.
Flight Summary
+decent meal
+on time
+comfortable seats
=737-300 is okay, but nothing very special
-dirty plane
On a scale from 1-10, I give the flight an 8.
Trip Summary
Kansas City International Airport
-slow getting into the gate areas due to security after getting anything
-few shops and restaraunts
-Worst airport I've been to
4/10

Nashville/BNA
+Large, check-in area with neat looking glass wall
+good amount of stores and restaraunts
+Nice looking terminal
+Probably the best USA airport I've been in
-Terminal C is long and winding
9/10

Southwest Airlines
+good fleet
+laid back employees
+reliable
+comfortable seats
-dirty planes
8/10

Well, that was the trip report. Thanks for reading it!

Regards,
BH346  

mls515

RE: Southwest Airlines:Kansas City To Nashville

Sun Nov 05, 2000 3:45 pm

Ever been to Nashville when it was an AA hub?

BH346
Topic Author

RE: Southwest Airlines:Kansas City To Nashville

Sun Nov 05, 2000 11:48 pm

Nope, I haven't. This is my first visit to BNA. I did notice a large AA building(probably a maintainance hangar) But, now do you see why I dislike MCI?(Your question from the "Worst Airport" post)

Regards,
BH346