Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Peter
Topic Author

DL 777 And 767-400 ATL-MCO

Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:21 am

DL 777-200 ATL-MCO

The flight was schedualed to leave ATL at 4:10. I got to the gate a little later than I had wanted to, at about 3:40 or 3:50. I was flying non rev, so I was given my ticket when I got to the gate. I checked the seat number, and it was 5C; Business elite! I went onboard as soon as I got my ticket, and went to my seat. I was given a Coke before we took off. Before long, we were pushing back from the gate and taxiing to the end of the runway. We didn't have to wait long to take off. The 777 was very quiet, and got into the air very quickly. Once we got up around cruising altitude, I was given another drink, and a snack. Then, I reclined the seat, put up the leg rest, and relaxed. Those Business elite seats are so comfortable! They are really great. before I knew it, we started descending, and we landed, I think, a little ahead of time. Great flight.

DL 767-400 ATL-MCO

The plane was schedualed to leave at about 8:35. I was flying non rev again. I got to the gate at about 7:50, and, because the flight was not very full, was given my ticket immediatly. The seat number was 6A; First Class. I boarded the plane several minutes later, and was given a Coke. It was obvious that the plane was very new. It was very clean, and also smelled like it was new. The first class seats had foot rests, PTVs, and phones in every seat. Coach also had phones in every seat. After several minutes, we backed away from the gate and it wasn't very long before we took off. The 767-400 didn't seem as quiet as the 777 had been. Once we got up higher, I was given a Sprite and a snack. The snack was a little bag of peanuts, pretzels, and other things like that. It was good. The PTVs were nice. They had several games on each, including, Solitare, Black Jack, Trivia, Hang Man, and Zero G. Zero G was sort of like Space Invaders. You were in a little space ship trying to shoot asteroids. The games were fun, and made the flight more interesting. About 35 minutes into the flight, we began to descend. The landing was normal, but ahead of time. We actually got to the gate about 15 minutes ahead of time. The flight had also been really short. Only about one hour. That is a really nice plane though. The 777 style inside looks great.