Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQA340
Topic Author

IND-ORD-MSP-ORD-IND On UA

Fri Sep 29, 2000 6:54 am

This trip took place back in 1999 in September. We went to MSP for a weekens to look around and stuff. Don't ask me why but listen to my trip report:

I left my school during lunch early to cacth the flight to ORD. We droped my dog off at a kennel to keep for the weekend. We rode throught downtown indy and got to IND. We parked at the long term parking facility and got on the shuttlebus. We went to IND's C concourse mall thing to the gate area.

Flight 1285 was an old B727-200 which flew to ORD with continuing service to PIT. We were flying standby and got checked in at gate C1. Our names got called up and to my disappoitment, we got coach. We boarded the 727 and found our seats. The F/As did the breifing. We taxied out onto the taxiways and stopped due to a slight mechanical problem. The 27 turned into the SW faceing runway. The 27's loud engines roared up and we advanced faster and took off. We acended over 1-70 and saw the countryside. We then turned to the NW and to the right I could make out the little buildings that made Indy (from the air they were little). The head F/a gave the announcementsand we cruised for 40 minutes. We decended and turned into Lake Michigan. The 27 turned West towards ORD. I saw the big buildings that made Chicago and we decended more. We flew right above 1-294 (Tri-State Tollway) to make the landing. We taxied to the C concource and UA bid us farwell. The trip was not over though.

ORD was a madhouse at this time! We had to RUN to the B concourse through the walkway. I was intrigued by the simeltanious movement of the lights and the bizzare music. We rushed to the gaye and my dad checked in for us. I bought a hot dog from an indian vendor. I love chicago style hot dogs! Our names got called and we got our boarding passes and boarded the 737 for MSP.

Coach again! I got in a row by a wing and the flight was full. We pushed back and the 737's engines started up. This was a newer 737 that UA had, but with the old seats. The f/as did the breifings and we took off in no time. Takeoff was smooth and we went in a NW direction towards MSP. A snack was served on the flight. I had a coke with some cajiun mix packet. I tried to entertain myself by listening to the radio but nothing good. I didnt listen to channel 9 because of some reason. Hmmm... I read "Hemispheres" magazine. I like the "Hemispheres" in flight magazine. We decended and we went over 1-494 and along the Mendota Birdge and passed low over SR 5.

Minniapolis is a good city.I liked the mall of america. We rented an oldsmobile Intrigue. We stayed at the Mall of america marriot. We then headed back.

MSP was getting a huge makeover. We got in the terminal and checked in one of the UA counters. We went into the blue concourse and found or flight (737)

FIRST CLASS   !!!!!!! We boarded the aircraft an got in one of the comfy leather seats. We pushed back and the engines started up. We went towrads the west and took off. We zoomed in the air and got blinded by fog and clouds and.... we got into sunlight! I had OJ on the flight and that was it! We decended down and got blanketed with clouds. We got down closer and closer; I could see the the tops of buildings real close! We touched down and taxied to the B concourse. The pilot was funny and was cheerful and I liked that flight .

We went to the E concourse where UA has some gates. I wasn't really impressed with it. Oh well you live with what you get. We ate Mc Donalds and stayed at ORD for 4 hours. Then we borded the flight to home.

Coach again! Oh well by now I learned that you live with what you get. Isat dow and we soon pushed back. F/As did the breifing and we took off. The flight was 20 minutes wich was short. The landing was eventful. We turned overthe North side and into the Downtown Area. We flew smoothly over the Terminal at IND and touched down. We were home.

We got on the bus and took the car back home and returned to normal settings.

Hope you liked my report.
SQA340

GO U N I T E D

American 767

RE: IND-ORD-MSP-ORD-IND On UA

Fri Sep 29, 2000 7:44 am

Nice report. It sounds like you really like United, you seem to have enjoyed your flights between ORD and MSP on the 737 (you would have had a Fokker 100 if you flew American), it was either a 300 or a 500 right? You didn't specify what aircraft type you flew on from ORD back to IND but I would guess it was a 727, what you had on the first leg of your trip, otherwise you would have mentioned what aircraft it was. How can one make a trip report without saying what aircraft one flew on?

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium

ILUV767

Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:08 am

Nice report!
-David

P.S.
SQA340,
Send me an email

Rising with U N I T E D

SQA340
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:39 am

Sorry American 767 it was a 737 from ORD-IND. I forgot to mention the aircraft type!