Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

We Were Helped By God? At London Gatwick

Mon Sep 04, 2000 4:18 pm

Dear All,
During My Flight to Houston On May1993, From London Gatwick Airport, we were transit Passenger from Dubai, so we Stayed at forte Crest Hotel and on Room no 4101, Then My Father went for Phone Call to Pakistan.
and Their was Refrigerator In Room, When i Open the Fridge and Took the Coke And then Keeped the Coke and Candy on thier actual Place.
Then In morning When We were going for US, Our Flight to US, we were Check Out By Hotel, Hotel Receptionest give us The Bills of Total 250(Pounds). My Father was Shocked and Tell them That We hav'nt Use anyThing from your Room Fridge.
Our Flight of Continental us Taking Off After 15 Mins.
Then They were Un able to Listen Us , They call the Police Inspector, My Mother Started crying and Praying to GOD for Help Us, Then My Father Claim That If you Lose I will Give the Notice from Int. Court, the The Room was Inspected By Manager, My Father, and Police Inspector.
The Hotel Management was felling Sorry to Us they were saying Sorry from the Mangement and Told Us that ,We will drop you Airport.
We says to Them No Thanks,
Then We Reached the Airport and The Table which Issu the Boarding Pass was Closing of Continental Airline and We request to Give the Booarding Pass so ,Boarding Pass Incharge Phone to Airlines Desk and Cheif Airhoustess to Late the Flight for Few Mins.
Then The Lady gives us the Boarding Pass and We were Last to Reach the Plane. Our Announcement was going throuhout the Airport. When We Reach the Plane Every Passenger Were Exited on us and Looking Our Faces.

RE: We Were Helped By God? At London Gatwick

Mon Sep 04, 2000 5:54 pm

What r u talking about ???
First off I don't get it (what has it to do with planes ?)
I saw that you were new in here so just make sure you post your things in the appropriate forums. (e.g. non aviation or general aviation, ...)

This forum here is for trip reports.

Rgds, B737-700

Adam84

Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:41 pm

Yeah, thats true, but this guy doesnt know much english so he probably cant really help it if he doesnt know what civil aviation or trip reports mean

Pilot1113

Tue Sep 05, 2000 4:05 am

I can understand what he was talking about and it fits perfectly in here, because it was a trip report.

He was talking about taking a Coke from the fridge, but then not telling his parents about it. Then his parents receive the bill for an inordinate amount of money and refuse to pay it.

The hotel then calls the police because they thought that this family was trying to steal stuff or there was a mix up. When it got all sorted out, finally, the hotel offered their most sincere appologies and offered to drive them to the airport.

From the treatment they received on checkout, this family refused to take the free limo and found their own way to the airport.

Once they got to the airport, they found that Continental had already closed... but that they would stay the flight until this group got on.

I think that's what I infered from this. I'll admit the English was bad, however, that's no fault to the author. English, it appears, is this individual's second language. I bet if I wrote something in Spanish it would sound just as bad to those whose native tounge is Spanish.

- Neil Harrison

Tue Sep 05, 2000 10:45 am

I was actually not talking about his English. I am German and I know that my English is also not always correct.
But if you consider this to be in the appropriate forum I think somethings wrong here.
Trip reports should be aviation related, ... and not ...
Or does anybody want to hear a trip report about me going to the grocery store ?

No offense, Cheers, B737-700

Tue Sep 05, 2000 2:05 pm

Can I see the Gorcery Store trip report? PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Giundu

Tue Sep 05, 2000 2:27 pm

Hi Gundu,

since you wanted me to post a trip report on a trip to the grocery store, here it comes. Please do not take offense. I'm just posting this because the thread is not in the appropriate forum anyways.
I left my house at about 10.15 and walked about 5 minutes with a heading of 230° to the grocery store. On my way there I saw a couple of nice planes taking-off including a Lufthansa A321-100 heading for Frankfurt. When I arrived there I saw that it was gonna take a while since the store was pretty much overcrowded.
So I took my time and shoped. After about 20 minutes I went to the cashier to ckeck out. That took another 10 minutes and I walked back home. The stuff I bought was very heavy and I was glad when I arrived back home.
Hope you liked this new kind of trip report.
Again everyone, no offense, just for fun !!!

Cheers, B737-700

Pilot1113

B737-400

Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:23 pm

You story was too general. You did say what aisles you went down.

Did you stop and take the can of stewed pineapples and realize you don't want it because it wasn't Doles?

Did you happen across anything that seemed like a good deal?

I didn't hear any pursing. Perhaps you went with the generic brand because you only had $20 with you.

- Neil Harrison

P.S. I'm only being sarcastic.

jabpilot

Tue Sep 05, 2000 9:53 pm

What The Hell?

Ryefly

Wed Sep 06, 2000 9:46 am

Well that just made my night. I am sure I would be terrible trying to type a trip report in a different language but how does that story even resemble its title? We were helped by God because you didn't have to pay for a Coke? Maybe I missed out on the complementary trip report decoder. I think if you read the report backwards you will see that Continental got upset if you take a Coke from the beverage cart.

I liked the idea of trip reports to the Grocery store though. Those trips are always exciting!

johnboy

Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:01 am

You vill post in ze korrekt room! Jetzt!

I'm sure the effect IS greater in the original German.

Let me make it easy on you people (heck, i'll even capitalize the key words, m'kay?): This guy went on a TRIP to the US by way of London (and Continental Airlines), where he and his family stayed overnight. They had a misadventure that nearly kept them from reaching their flight, but luckily, he (or his mom) felt that God interceded, and saved the day. Now he's making a REPORT about the whole experience.

Refereshingly enough, the story didn't include a single word about Boeing vs. Airbus,the Registration Numbers of the airplane flown, or the "awesomely cool" first class seats obtained after Mommy and Daddy dressed me in my suit and tie (cuz they work for an airline!!!!!).

Give me a break.

Mon Sep 11, 2000 4:30 am

HOOOOLD IT! Everyone, give Soomro7 a fricking break!

I have read trip reports that digressed into John Rocker tee-shirts on the number 7 train in NYC, how fast someone drove on the M1 to catch their plane, and how good the food court is in ROC.

Not everyone is going to be able to remember which J route they flew, which seat they sat in, what entree they were offered in business class, what the movie was, or the lead F/A's phone number (well maybe THAT would stick).

Fact of the matter is that Soomro7 made an eventful trip in 1993 that made a big impression on him. I fly for a living, hate riding non-rev, and find it too uneventful to write about. Soomro's story struck a chord with me, and I found it a nice change of pace.

Neil is 100% correct. Soomro7 is learning English. Imagine how frightened you would be on your first trip to Malaysia or Pakistan if the hotel called the cops on you for unwittingly drinking a coke and eating a Snickers from the miny bar. My six year old son learned a valuable lesson doing the same thing a couple of years ago at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Nigel.

My take on his story was that Continental mercifully let him and his family board the plane after their ordeal. Soomro7 attributes it to a higher power.

Moral of the story....ALWAYS CHECK THE PRICE SHEET BEFORE YOU OPEN THAT COKE FROM THE MINI BAR. IT MAY MAKE SENSE TO WALK DOWN THE STREET TO THE CONVENIENCE STORE...if there is one.  

Mon Sep 11, 2000 8:16 am

I really start to enjoy that post. It has something that makes it unique. IT's a special post.

B737-700

redngold

Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:34 am

God werks en misteeryus waiz.

redngold