Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lima
Topic Author

KLM: Buenos Aires-Amsterdam

Wed Aug 23, 2000 7:22 pm

Aug. 21

I arrived in Ezeiza Airport two hours before departure, but instead of doing the check in at the new international departures terminal, KLM still has its counters in the old adjacent terminal.

The aircraft used on this flight is B747-400 PH-BFD, City of Dubai. It is painted on KLM Asia colours and a Combi version. Good legroom onboard and the usual good service on the dutch airline. We departed five minutes before the schedules departure time and quickly took off for the two hour segment to Sao Paulo. Hot towels, drinks and lunch were served. The aircraft was not full.

Arrival in Sao Paulo was very nice, as it was the first time for me to see the city with good weather. After the one hour stop in Sao Paulo the aircraft filled up and we departed for Amsterdam. Cabin crews on KLM are very good and friendly always so that is what makes really this airline so pleasant to fly, besides the puctuality. However, the food quality on economy is not very good or tasty but I dont expect much after paying such a good fare (US$870 taxes included).

Sao Paulo-Amsterdam demanded 10.45 minutes with the usual overnight service. Dinner, followed by spirits and movies. We flew near Brasilia then to Fortaleza and then near the African coast to enter Portugal near Oporto. We then proceded onto Paris and Brussels to finally descend over Rotterdam finally into Schiphol. Smooth touchdown on a clear but hazy day, we arrived 20 minutes before the estimated time.

Lima

RE: KLM: Buenos Aires-Amsterdam

Thu Aug 24, 2000 2:27 am

Thanks for that report Lima, I can't wait to see EZE in December, and how it has changed.

It's interesting that you said your plane was in "Asia" livery; our BA flight to Gatwick, was also in "Asia" livery, last year.

I have heard other good reports about KLM, and I like the way they stop somewhere else, BA fly non-stop, and it's just too long!!

Enjoy Amsterdam,
Capt.Picard

PU803

By The Way ...

Thu Aug 24, 2000 4:55 am

Hi! Hola Lima and also thanks for your report.
I will be at EZE in Oct. in my way from MAD to MVD, with changes of airplane there. Wich terminal I will
use then?
C U, Ido

Lima

Thu Aug 24, 2000 3:45 pm

Nice report Lima. I'm going to Buenos Aires in December on Air France since all the other carriers were completely full (return).
I don't really know if I should be happy about the AF flight. The good thing is, that they are using the 777 with PTV's on that nonstop from CDG. But I also wanted to fly KLM's 744. And Eurowings to AMS of course.
What do u think, is that still alright ??

I'm amazed that u think 890 bucks was a good deal for that time of year. I paid about 940 bucks for high season and have a real BAD deal because this is not even the cheapest seats they offer. They were about 800 bucks but FULL.

Rgds, B737-700

Can This Be Right?

Thu Aug 24, 2000 4:09 pm

KLM's website say the flight from MS to EZE last 14.35 h and is over 8200 miles !!
How comme my AF flight is to last 'only' 13.20 h from CDG and only 6800 miles if I remember correctly ?? AF using 777. KL using 747C.

That'd be awesome to fly that long !!! I'd love to be on the KLM flight.

B737-700

lima
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2000 7:26 pm

PU803: Shalom, I guess by October Iberia will already be moved to the new terminal. I read a newspaper article which states that by September 25 all airlines will be operating there. All except Aerolineas Argentinas which will continue to be using the current one.

B737-700: Hello, yes its an exctiting flight and KLM is an excellent airline. Do not worry about Air France, service is great really, and you will look forward to the 777 (CDG-EZE being the second longest nonstop sector flown by this aircraft). The price I paid is good because is a student fare open for one year as I came to The Netherlands to study for my masters.
The KLM flights stops at Sao Paulo on both ways. Before the EZE-AMS sector was nonstop taking 12 hours 30 minutes. Depends on the routing they take, winds, etc.

Hope you enjoy Buenos Aires. Is your first visit?

Regards,

Lima

Thu Aug 24, 2000 8:55 pm

Hi Lima,

thanks for your answer. This is pretty interesting, I didn't know that this 777 flight is the 2nd longest for a 777. Can u tell me what the longest presently is ??
I found out on the KLM website, that their schedule is somewhat weird. They say, a flight from AMS to LAX would last over 13 h !!! So now I know that this can't be right 'cause LH is there in 11.30 h from FRA. And FRA is farther away.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to that flight.
Yes, it will be my first visit in Argentina. A good friend of mine just moved back down there after having lived in Germany for 10 years. I'm gonna visit him.

B737-700

PU803

Fri Aug 25, 2000 1:11 am

Hi all!
Thanks Lima, que tal?
I will report you all about my next trip: TLV-MAD-EZE-MVD in Oct. 2.
C U , Ido

lima
Topic Author

Fri Aug 25, 2000 3:55 am

Hi B737-700: the longest if I am not wrong is Dallas-Tokyo flown by American Airlines.

Have a great time in Argentina.

Lima

AF Cabin Crew

Sun Aug 27, 2000 11:59 pm

Hi Sebastian !

I am sending you this little note from Singapore. I just got back this evening from Ho-chi-minh City.

I will be arriving in EZE on the 4th of September for a week as usual. Air France just loves to send me to EZE !!!! They are not even sharing it with other crew !!!! I have done 5 EZE in 6 months, only August was free of EZE !

I hope you will be back in Argentina by then.

Send me an email at either one of my email addresses.

See you in your beautiful country !

Heiarii.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Kazutaka Yagi

AF Cabin Crew

Mon Aug 28, 2000 4:04 am

Hi AF Cabin Crew,

as you might remember, you convinced me to fly AF to EZE in December. I'm happy to hear that you are also flying to EZE quite often. So I assume you are usually flying on 777's, right ?
When are always getting your schedule for the month ?? Is there a chance for December 25th ??

Rgds, B737-700