Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CXA330-342
Topic Author

Trip Report: ORD-FRA-BOM-FRA-ORD

Fri Aug 18, 2000 8:20 am

Topic: Trip Report: ORD-FRA-BOM-FRA-ORD
Name: CXA330-342
Date: 2000-08-18 01:15:52
I just got back from a trip to India with Lufthansa two days ago and decided to tell everyone about it.

The flight to Frankfurt was on a 747-200. It was a rather boring flight. I slept most of the time. The airline had screwed up our meal order, though. My mother had ordered a vegetarian, while I had ordered a chicken for a special diet. Well, the airline gave us both vegetarian meals that weren't really good, but still better than the stuff the served back in 1995. I couldn't even tell what it was. The only saving grace was the service. We had the last row seats on this flight(56J and 56K). It was good because it was by the bathroom and window. Plus, there wasn't a third person to jump over to get to the bathroom, even though I didn't even use it. The only thing was that there was too much noise coming from the engines. Plus, we couldn't watch the movies.

At Frankfurt, I had fun plane spotting. I saw a real 777 take off for the first time. The interesting thing was that even 747 rotated before A340s, and this was basically the same distance as the A320s! This was something I just didn't understand.

The flight to Mumbai from Frankfurt was on a 747-200 again. The food served was almost the same. The only thing that was different was the seat. This time my mom and I had J and K in row 54.

After spending two months in India, it was time to come back. For some reason, they wouldn't let anyone who didn't have a plane ticket into the airport, not even the waiting area.

Anyway, the flight was good. We had seats 31 J&K. We still could not see the screen because these were the last seats before the door. This time, our food order was not screwed up, but it still didn't taste very good.

From Frankfurt to Chicago, we had seats on the port side in row 34. Behind us were unaccompanied minors who kept playing with the tray tables and kicking the seats. Though we had a nice person by us, it made for a very uncomfortable flight. The girl by us was a student, so it was fun talking to her. She was flying on an airplane for the first time, so we had to tell her everything. She even asked us what to do with the headphones. She could not really speak English, either.
The food was the worst ever!! The chicken was really hard. I had a loose tooth at the time, and it made my gum bleed! Anyway, we landed in Chicago 10 minutes early. Just before landing, they gave us a snack called Joghurt Corny with a soft pretzel. Does anyone know where I can get one of those in strawberry? I really liked them.

Well, I had better get going. Sorry about writing such a mediocre report. It was my first time.