Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Amazing Argentina: Iguazú Falls, MD83 and first time featuring Andes Líneas Aéreas on the site!. [VIDEO+PHOTOS]

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Andes Líneas Aéreas - OY 570
Date: November 24th 2017
Buenos Aires Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP/SABE): 12.15 [12.41]
Puerto Iguazú Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport (IGR/SARI): 14.00 [14.06] .
Distance: 1049 km
Flight Time: 1h 25 min
Boeing 737-85F | LV-GWL
Seat: 15F

VIDEO REPORT OY 570
https://youtu.be/JB6tTYKlfug

Our gate was number 3 and then we were bused to a remote position where LV-GWL was parked. She was flown by South African Airways, Firefly and Malaysia Airlines before entering service with Andes in May 2017.

TAKE OFF VIDEO
https://youtu.be/tg3X0_-MmYs

Legroom. I'm 1.75 mts or 5 ft 7 inches tall.

Service: coffee and milk, a coke, cheese crackers, chocolate lemon cookies and a vanilla muffin.

Paraná River

LANDING VIDEO
https://youtu.be/TQcSAYvLCr8

Deplanning.

The Iguazú National Park - Argentina

South American coatí or ring-tailed coatí (Nasua nasua)

Garganta del Diablo (Devil's throat)

Iguazú River

Iguaçu National Park - Brazil.

Parque das Aves - Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil.

Andes Líneas Aéreas OY 571
Puerto Iguazú Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport (IGR/SARI): 15.00 [15.56]
Buenos Aires Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP/SABE): 16.45 (17.28)
Distance: 1049 km
Flight Time: 1h 32 min
Date: November 27th 2017
McDonnell Douglas MD83 | LV-CCJ
Seat: 9A

VIDEO REPORT OY 571

https://youtu.be/knAL7s9Y9O4

Lovely sunday. A Learjet sunbathing.

TC-53 is the only active Fokker 28 Mk-1000 Fellowship flying for the Argentine Air Force. She flew for the very first time in 1970!

There she is!. After trying so hard for months, I finally got my chance to fly a Mad dog once more!. Last time was when I was a kid in 1992, with Alitalia: FCO-LIN-FCO.

OY571 was supposed to be operated by a B738 (189 seats) that day. A last minut change brought the LV-CCJ instead (165 seats), meaning there wasn't enough room for everybody. Our seats were 14F and 14E but were already occupied so we ended with 9A and 9B. Some passengers volunteered to get off the plane and wait for the later flight Andes was operating from IGR to AEP.

We boarded through gate 2.

LV-CCJ is a McDonnell Douglas 83 which began flying for Spanair in 1988. Since December 2009 is part of Andes' fleet.

Legroom.

Same service.

About to land at Buenos Aires-Aeroparque.

Saying goodbye to this beauty!

ogre727

Re: Amazing Argentina: Iguazú Falls, MD83 and first time featuring Andes Líneas Aéreas on the site!. [VIDEO+PHOTOS]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Very good report! Love the pictures of Iguazu.

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Re: Amazing Argentina: Iguazú Falls, MD83 and first time featuring Andes Líneas Aéreas on the site!. [VIDEO+PHOTOS]

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 am

ogre727 wrote:
Very good report! Love the pictures of Iguazu.

Thank you very much!
Iguazú is such a unique place to visit!!!

AALuxuryLiner

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Great report! Love seeing a Mad Dog in service.

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 am

AALuxuryLiner wrote:
Great report! Love seeing a Mad Dog in service.

Thanks!
Andes has become an special airline for us, avgeeks, as it´s the only one flying MD down here in Argentina.

DAIAM2002

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 pm

I envy you for this trip.
I plan to go to the USA this year to fly one of Deltas MD88.
Pray that my plan works out :)

lychemsa

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:48 pm

When I went in 1976 there was hardly nothing here. No boat tours or fancy bridges; a few yes. Did you take a Yellow Fever shot? It is recommended. LOL I also took a picture in front of an Aerolineas Argentinas 737. I was not so enthralled but it seems much more fun nowadays.

AntonioMartin

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:28 am

Hate 2 b a bit off topic here but, why do Iguazu's waters seem so dirty in these photos??

dcajet

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
Hate 2 b a bit off topic here but, why do Iguazu's waters seem so dirty in these photos??

They are not dirty; they are muddy. like all rivers in the Parana basin. They carry sediment for thousands of miles, from deep in Brazil to the Rio de la Plata estuary in Buenos Aires.

AntonioMartin

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:23 am

dcajet wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:

They are not dirty; they are muddy. like all rivers in the Parana basin. They carry sediment for thousands of miles, from deep in Brazil to the Rio de la Plata estuary in Buenos Aires.

Ah all right...Iguazu is one of the main reasons I dream of visiting Argentina...it would be a honor to me as a Hispanic to step into that country

dcajet

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:22 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
dcajet wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:

Ah all right...Iguazu is one of the main reasons I dream of visiting Argentina...it would be a honor to me as a Hispanic to step into that country

Well, if you are in Madrid (or elsewhere in Spain) you'll be able to fly nonstop to Iguazu IGR, twice weekly on Air Europa, eff 1/8/19.

maverick4002

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Nice report and you are cute!

AntonioMartin

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:08 am

dcajet wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Well, if you are in Madrid (or elsewhere in Spain) you'll be able to fly nonstop to Iguazu IGR, twice weekly on Air Europa, eff 1/8/19.
:lol: No...Phoenix, Arizona... where there is no service to South America non stop. I once wrote to Aerolineas Argentinas about the "benefits" of serving PHX to EZE non stop. I must have been about 12? :lol:

dcajet

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
dcajet wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:

:lol: No...Phoenix, Arizona... where there is no service to South America non stop. I once wrote to Aerolineas Argentinas about the "benefits" of serving PHX to EZE non stop. I must have been about 12? :lol:

Did they answer? When I was a kid - say 6 or 7 and I lived in Buenos Aires, I used to draw planes all the time and I was obsessed with British Caledonian. My mom somehow managed to send one to the local BCal office and they sent me back in the mail all kinds of goodies. This was around the late 70s. Different times...

Well, from Phoenix you are a skip and a hop away from LAX where you can fly non stop to EZE with AA! I really think we are a few decades away from seeing non stop flights from PHX to any city in South America. - with DFW and LAX relatively close to PHX, chances are next to none.

AntonioMartin

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 am

dcajet wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Did they answer? When I was a kid - say 6 or 7 and I lived in Buenos Aires, I used to draw planes all the time and I was obsessed with British Caledonian. My mom somehow managed to send one to the local BCal office and they sent me back in the mail all kinds of goodies. This was around the late 70s. Different times...

Well, from Phoenix you are a skip and a hop away from LAX where you can fly non stop to EZE with AA! I really think we are a few decades away from seeing non stop flights from PHX to any city in South America. - with DFW and LAX relatively close to PHX, chances are next to none.

They didn't but a few years later I wrote asking for a plane model and I received a huge Boeing 747 model..must've been in the 1/100 scale, one of my favorite models and airline collectible by far lol!

Well Im just a dreamer and I do dream for PHX to become another LAX or JFK. You know what brought me to tears when i was 22? driving by PHX one day and seeing a Saudia L-1011! I'd never seen a Saudia plane in my life and this was way pre airliners.net-I had no idea whatsoever it was gonna be here, in fact i was just driving back home from the mall..lol turns out the L-1011 was actually a royal flight in Saudia colors..the Queen was here receiving treatment for her cancer. Don't care, to me its still a Saudia L-1011 that I saw! I wish we in Phoenix could get airlines from all over the world, it would be great for the community and awesome for us spotters!

But what you say about being where we are, both geographically and economically speaking, prevents us from being like those.

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:14 am

[code][/code]
DAIAM2002 wrote:
I envy you for this trip.
I plan to go to the USA this year to fly one of Deltas MD88.
Pray that my plan works out :)

Sorry for the late answer, never received the notification about your reply.
Hope you got the chance to get onboard DL´s MD88!

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 am

lychemsa wrote:
When I went in 1976 there was hardly nothing here. No boat tours or fancy bridges; a few yes. Did you take a Yellow Fever shot? It is recommended. LOL I also took a picture in front of an Aerolineas Argentinas 737. I was not so enthralled but it seems much more fun nowadays.

Hello, no. I didn´t take a yellow fever vaccine. It is not asked for that region of Argentina. Nevertheless, I took a shot back in 2009 and it gives you life long immunity.

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:18 am

maverick4002 wrote:
Nice report and you are cute!

Thanks for your comment!