ClassicLover
Topic Author

Great breakfast in First Class on the American Airlines A321 from Denver to Charlotte

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:29 pm

For all the pictures that go with this report, please click here!

Thursday, 31 May will remain in my memory for a long time. First, I had to change my flights DEN-CLT-DCA as the original DEN-CLT was cancelled. Luckily the new flights were an hour later which was no big deal. After that rolling delays meant an unusually stressful day due to the next flights in the sequence.

This flight turned out to be quite okay of course, being breakfast time and first class. Before flying I checked the menu online. American Airlines allows you to select your meal in first class before you go. They were offering biscuits with scrambled egg and chorizo, so that was to be my choice.

Of course, with the flight change it meant my pre-order was gone, but I managed to get them anyway.

AA1785 – Denver to Charlotte (DEN-CLT)
31 May 2018
Airbus A321 – N173US
Seat: First Class 1F
Departure: 08:07 Arrival: 13:24

After spending some time in the Admirals Club in Denver, I went to board. Since I was flying to Charlotte, I would be flying on one of the ex-US Airways Airbus A321 aircraft. This means no place to recharge your device and less legroom in the bulkhead seat than on the Boeing 737.

First Class board first so I settled in quite quickly. The friendly cabin crew member came around and offered pre-departure drinks and I selected the sparkling wine. After tasting its hideousness I vowed to switch to Mimosa’s for the rest of the flight.

Just in case we had a long taxi to the runway or some kind of delay, I decided to hit the bathroom before take-off. While clean, the basin has certainly been through the wars. It looks a little sore to me!

After heading back to my seat, we soon finished boarding. The flight attendants delivered the safety demonstration and soon enough we were climbing out of Denver.

Morning flights on clear days in summer in the USA can provide some spectacular views and today was no exception. This is why a window seat is a must! Hot towels are handed out once the crew are up and about. Mine was fairly dry, so it wasn’t overly useful. Drinks orders were taken and I asked for a Mimosa and a sparkling water with ice.

Please note the two Mimosa’s in the picture. One has a little in it – that is mine. The other belongs to the person sitting next to me. For some reason, the flight attendant constantly gave me one third to one half as much as the person beside me. Very strange indeed!

My favourite part of any flight is eating the meal and this one I was excited about. Biscuits with scrambled egg and chorizo, vanilla yoghurt and fruit. The crew offer you bread from the basket and naturally I took another biscuit! So, what did I think?

Well they were certainly very nice and I enjoyed the scrambled egg and chorizo on top with a little pepper. The extra biscuit I smothered in jam and inhaled that. Really good! Both the fruit and the yoghurt were great too, so happy days. There is one disappointment – when I asked for another biscuit they had run out. Looks like everyone else is a fan too.

Once breakfast was cleared away, it was time to relax for the rest of the flight. Another Mimosa came, this time with barely a splash of anything in the glass, plus my water was topped up which was appreciated. Snack mix was given out with drinks later on in the flight.

Wi-Fi was available on this flight but I decided not to pay for it since I had no way to recharge my device. Therefore it was a chilled experience enjoying the view and resting. Eventually we landed in Charlotte safe and sound.

Biscuits are brilliant and I am pleased they don’t screw them up on American Airlines. Interestingly, that very first biscuit I encountered flying AA looked quite different to the current ones, which is curious.

First class on American Airlines is generally quite good at breakfast time. I wish they would replace the dreadful sparkling wine with something drinkable and update the woeful domestic cabins on the old US Airways aircraft, but otherwise it was pretty good.

What do you think of biscuits in First Class on American? Brilliant or not? Remember, for all the pictures, please click here!. Thank you for reading and if you have any comments or questions, please leave them below.
Last edited by atcsundevil on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clickbait title
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

lychemsa

Re: Check out how good breakfast is in First Class on the American Airlines A321 from Denver to Charlotte

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Looks nice. Except for the vanilla yoghurt. I suppose if you mix the fruit in it's OK.

ba319-131

Re: Great breakfast in First Class on the American Airlines A321 from Denver to Charlotte

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Looks a pretty standard breakfast, had the same meal SEA-LAX on October 2017.
111,732,3,4,5,7,8,BBJ,741,742,743,744,752,762,763,764,772,77L,773,77W,L15,D10,30,40,AB3,AB6,A312.313,319,320,321,332,333

Kent350787

Re: Great breakfast in First Class on the American Airlines A321 from Denver to Charlotte

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:30 am

With the state of the US domestic market, you guys must be easily pleased :) Economy breakfasts in my country are similar.....

Ionosphere

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:54 am

I had basically that same breakfast on a US 757 PHX-PHL in 2001 in Y.

PRAirbus

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Looks like a basic "bare bones" USAirways service standard on a USAirways "spartan" A321...nothing to write home about. :/

N983AN

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:21 am

Glad you enjoyed it but compared to what LAA served until the alignment it’s way below par.

jasoncrh

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Looks like a nice meal. Glad you enjoyed.

Glad you enjoyed the mimosa. One note - one mimosa is written mimosa. If you have multiple, it's mimosas. No ' needed to pluralize anything ever. The ' makes the word possessive. The ' does NOT pluralize it.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 am

Good looking Breakfast on AA! I find airline breakfasts to be some of the best in-flight food served. Thanks for sharing!
I love to fly!

cpd

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:24 am

ClassicLover wrote:
For all the pictures that go with this report,

I'm sure we'll not forget to see the pictures, thanks for two links just so we don't forget. ;)

This breakfast looks pretty average, economy class in my country serves this, and maybe sometimes a bit nicer. And this first class looks pretty old fashioned, like an old Qantas 767 business class from a long time back.

I'd personally skip breakfast if that was served to me - or get a simple toasted ham and cheese croissant and a coffee before the flight if I knew they were serving that.

F27500

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 am

[url][/url]
jasoncrh wrote:
One note - one mimosa is written mimosa. If you have multiple, it's mimosas. No ' needed to pluralize anything ever. The ' makes the word possessive. The ' does NOT pluralize it.

Is she ^^^ kidding with the grammar lesson ???!!