Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Qfsaviation
Topic Author

VIDEO | Canadian North Airlines - 737 300C - Ottawa (YOW) to Iqaluit (YFB) | Economy

Thu May 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Hey guys, I recently flew up to Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada. The sole reason for this trip was to do a trip report on Canadian North.

I flew into Ottawa the night before and decided to stay the night in the airport because I am still too young for any hotel to legally allow me to stay there (15 years old). I managed to get around an hour and a half of sleep on a bench in the baggage claim area. When security opened at 4 AM, I was the first one through. Seeing as the flight wasn't scheduled to depart for another 5/6 hours, I decided to get some coffee at Tim Hortons and relax by our gate.

Once fellow Iqaluit passengers began to show up, word spread that Canadian North's computer system had crashed, causing a very long line at the check-in counter, as they had to manually check them all.

After an hour or two of waiting past our scheduled departure time, we departed for Iqaluit.

A hot meal was served!

It was a very good experience. If you would like to see it in full version, you can check it out at the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPPry4Iu5w&t=444s

Ryan h

Re: VIDEO | Canadian North Airlines - 737 300C - Ottawa (YOW) to Iqaluit (YFB) | Economy

Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 am

Great video report.

Flew with Canadian North a few years ago on their 737-200. Great flight.

boeing767300

Re: VIDEO | Canadian North Airlines - 737 300C - Ottawa (YOW) to Iqaluit (YFB) | Economy

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Excellent report and a very long day for you having slept overnight in the YOW terminal. Hopefully you can share the return trip also it would be nice to see inside the new terminal. Thanks for sharing I enjoyed the video.

ghYHZ

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Found your Youube page and watched this video along your other ones from this trip on my new 4K 52” Sony. Excellent!. I’ll be back to watch more!

A340600

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Great report on an interesting routing, thanks for sharing.

lychemsa

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:13 pm

The fare is very expensive? Right?