Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bernddr
Topic Author

Flying to Valencia with Ryanair

Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Last year, my friend and I decided that it was some time for us to do a citytrip in the winter.
Looking at the weather trough Europe and soon we decided we wanted to go to southern Europe for a couple of days. We both went already to Barcelona, and because the weather was pleasant in Spain, we decided to go to Valencia, relatively small compared to Barcelona, but also less crowded, which is nice to do some sightseeing. And also, a nice 18-22 degrees Celcius compared to 2-5 degrees in Holland.
Have to admit, in the winter almost everywhere it's not that busy than in the summer.

Because we live in the south of the Netherlands, and there is a connection from Eindhoven Airport with Ryanair and Transavia, we booked the Ryanair flight, because of the fare and the flight times. Not that early in the morning to Valencia, and not that late in the afternoon back home.

I didn't know what to expect with flying Ryanair, because of all the horror (legroom) stories and with your carry-on bags.

On friday 2nd of february we drove to Eindhoven and parked our car next to the terminal. After 5min walking, we were in the terminal.
Because we reserved seats in advance, we were able to check in 2 months earlier. After having a small breakfast from the AH to go, we went to security. There was quite a long queue at 7:30, but compared to Schiphol nowaday, the 20 minute waiting was nothing.
After security you went straight to the tax-free shops and the waiting area. Our flight boarded at 8:40 I believe and around 8:30 the gate was announced. And there the "typical" Ryanair feeling started. Almost every one carried the carry-on suitcases and most of them were labeled for the hold of the plane, but fortunately we only carried 2 small backpacks, so we could board the plane. As there are no jetbridges at Eindhoven, we have to walk to the plane, which is absolutely fine by me, as you could get some nice pictures. Unfortunately I didn't as my put my phone in my backpack during boarding.
Because we were one of the last people to board (because, why stand in line if you have already a reserved seat), I wasn't able to took a picture of the plane, but it was the boeing 737-800 with skyteam interios, which felt very spacious.
This was what it looks like:

Our seats (28A and 28B) offered (for me) a perfect wingview and I have to admit, the legroom was pretty good, the seats were a bit hard, but definitely fine for a 2 hour flight to Valencia.
Soon the boarding completed and we pushed back to runway 21 and took of, turned a bit right and then turned towards the sunny south :)

Shortly after take-off'

During cruise just after passing Paris

And then the services started. Of course, you had to pay for everything, but I think the prices are reasonable and not too expensive. Also they came by to sell some lottery stuff.
Also a thing that I noticed, it looked to me that the crew wanted to land very soon and just go home, because they were not so friendly as on flights I had with KLM or Transavia.
I would say the crew was more for business than for creating that nice "atmosphere" you feel when taking a KLM flight, where most of the time the crew is super friendly and is collaborating very well.

After passing the north of Spain, the Pyrenees, it was almost time to start our decent into Valencia after flying for almost 1,5 hour.

Oops, not so sunny as we hoped :(

And if you look close, you could even see the IKEA :p

After a total flight time of 2 hours we touched down at Valencia Airport, where we deboarded again by using the stairs.
Saw this Air Europa 737-800 parked next to us.

Our plane in Valencia

After deboarding we took the metro to Valencia.
Some pictures of Valencia

After spending 4 days in this city, it was already time for us to leave. Sadly, the weather was not as good as the week before in Valencia, but with around 15-18 degrees Celcius, much better than the weather in the Netherlands.

We went again by metro to the airport. After downloading our boardingpasses to our phones, we went to security.
Vueling A320

Our plane back to Eindhoven

Again the same seats as on the flight to Valencia.
Spotted some other planes

Shortly after take-off

The fasten-seatbelts signs turned off, but soon after, there was turbulence for around 10 minutes, but the seatbelt sign didn't turn on again, a bit strange if you ask me, because the plane was shaking.

Already started our decent and passing by Breda

Sorry for the shaky pictures next

After landing and taxiing to our stand. It took us about 15-20 minutes to deboard the plane and get to our car, which was very nice, after passing by all the people who had to wait for their luggage :D

bgboiflyer

Re: Flying to Valencia with Ryanair

Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Thanks for the report, loved looking at those Valencia pics and that cabin looks nice despite those unpleasing yellow seatback shells

jrfspa320

Re: Flying to Valencia with Ryanair

Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks for the report.
Valencia is a great city!