Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

shashankach
Topic Author

VIDEO ONLY: Flying the Queen of the Skies from Hong Kong to Tokyo in Y

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdq85kiZOgw

Booking

This was the second leg of a flight from BLR to HND. The 7 hour layover wasn't stressful because of the great plaza premium lounge near gate four.

I you're interested, here is the link to the report of the BLR-HKG leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHx5H7H73o

CX542
April 9th 2016
B-HUJ
Departure: 16:20 Arrival: 21:05

Seat

Immediately after getting on the plane, I noticed the
dated interiors and the older long haul cabin that CX operated before the 77W's became the long haul workhorses. The fixed back seats provided a bittersweet experience because the person sitting in front of you can't reduce your legroom but the weird seat recline can sometimes be a problem.

Food

The food on this flight was average; not great, nor was it inedible. For my first snack, I had some peanuts along with tomato juice. It tasted how tomato juice is supposed to taste. :D

During the dinner meal service, I opted for a special oriental vegetarian meal. The meal consisted of rice with bok choy and a spicy-sweet curry. There was also a mushroom salad on the side with a bread roll accompanying the meal. The main meal tasted fine but the mushroom salad tasted different. Due to the fact that I had never tasted anything like that before, I think I was put of but looking back, it tasted fine.

IFE

The IFE was the standard one offered on all CX flights. On this old plane, the touchscreen was not as responsive as the 77W's but it worked fine because the remote was there for backup. The content was diverse and enough for this four hour flight but not on par with EK and QR.

Thank you for reading this!

If you would like to see this in more detail or if you want to see the takeoff/landing videos, please refer to the link above.

:wave:
Last edited by atcsundevil on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated per Trip Reports Forum rules

bgboiflyer

Re: Flying the Queen of the Skies from Hong Kong to Tokyo in Y - Video & Photos

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Awesome to hear about this. Too bad there isn't much to show of the Queen. Should've been a treat, I've only flown this babe once!