Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

khunpaul3
Topic Author

Brussels Airlines from MXP to BRU then United from BRU to IAD

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:28 am

26th August 2017: We woke up very early for 8AM flight to Brussels. We checked out at hotel and took a taxi to Malpensa airport. The riding was only less than one hour. We arrived at airport and go to the Brussels Airlines check-in online. It was so early when the counter wasn’t open yet. We got a ticket and go to security check-point. Good thing we weren’t long walk to the security checkpoint. We cleared and long walk to the gate. The gates usually for Europe flights than the other terminals. I boarded the A319 aircraft and sat on the window seat. The window was foggy and dirty. It was hard to focus the window on my digital camera. The plane begun to pushback and long taxi to the runway for take-off. We took off and 1-hour route to Brussels. After takeoff, the snack and drinks for purchase. I asked for water and paid 3 euro. Drinks on flight were not free. The plane to descent for Brussels and made a touchdown the runway then taxiing to the gate. We arrived in Brussels airport and connection flight to USA in hours later. Overall flight and services were alright. We were first time on Brussels Airlines and the Brussels Int’l Airport.

Here is SN3154 MXP-BRU on YouTube(Ad-free): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QPxl_QoQg8&t=1s

We arrived in Brussels after short hop from Milan. We made a long walk to the other terminal for US-bound flight. First time in the airport and to passport control then to duty-free shopping. I bought something in duty-free such as Belgian chocolate and continue walking to the gate. We arrived at gate but have go to security interview before board the aircraft to WA Dulles. It was strange because USA flights required security sticker on passport. This airport was nice and clean. We boarded the aircraft and I sat on window seat. The plane begun to pushback and taxi to the runway to takeoff. B777 made powerful run on takeoff and 9 hours route to WA Dulles. After takeoff, the snack served and later the lunch. I watched one movie and took a long nap since woke up very early in Milan. I woke up before reach to Dulles and landing in IAD. The plane made smooth landing and short taxi to the gate. The flight and the meals were average. Services were ok. We deplaned and go to US passport area and connection flight back to Seattle in hours later.

Here is UA951 Brussels to WA Dulles on YouTube(ad-free): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK6IHL1VV_E&t=25s

11725Flyer

Re: Brussels Airlines from MXP to BRU then United from BRU to IAD

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Absolutely great pictures. I saw a Sky Team tail but couldn't quite make out the carrier. Thanks very much for sharing your photos.