drian02
Topic Author

Eurowings A320 with Sharklets Review: DUS - BIO

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Today I bring you my experience aboard an A320 of Eurowings with sharklets on the Düsseldorf - Bilbao route.

The Lufthansa group is always one of my first options to fly to Germany and because of its value for money is also one of the best options to fly in connection via Frankfurt or Munich.

However, this flight was operated by the Lufthansa subsidiary Eurowings and had several differences that I would like to comment:

- The first and most important is the space between seats. Although Eurowings aircraft are equipped with Slim seats very similar to those used by Lufthansa, the space between them has been quite reduced as you can see in the image.

- The simplest rate (Basic) does not include selection of seat, catering service or checked bag. Nothing to complain about in this aspect as is usual with any low cost airline.

- The intermediate rate (Smart) includes everything mentioned above. In addition, once booked a flight in Basic, they offer the possibility to upgrade to the Smart rate. This is a point in favor of Eurowings since many other airlines in their intermediate rate do not include catering.

As for the flight, we took off on schedule from DUS and after flying over the north of the city of Düsseldorf, we head to Paris. Later we would cross from North to South France to begin our descent towards the airport of Bilbao over the city of Bordeaux.

We landed at BIO 10 minutes before the scheduled arrival time.

Nothing to mention about the entertainment on board as it included the typical airline magazine.

Another thing that surprised me was the occupation of the flight. About 90% on a DUS-BIO on Sunday.

Here I leave a link to the video-review of the flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_p4Rkpa8s
You can watch my reviews on LEBB Aviation