drian02
Topic Author

Iberia A333 Madrid to New York economy class

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi there!

This week I bring you a flight from Madrid to New York JFK on an Airbus A330-300 from Iberia.

I started looking for a flight to be able to test the new product of Iberia’s long-haul after the restructuring process and finally I made it!.

The flight started on a typical rainy winter morning. As has been typical in Iberia since some time the flight began with the push-back at the scheduled time of departure. After a short taxi RWY 36L from Madrid – Barajas we started our journey.

Once in the air we set sail for Portugal to enter oceanic airspace. Once established at our cruising altitude, the meal service begins. The main dish is a choice between pasta bolognese and beef burger, accompanied with a caesar salad and cheese cake.

Following the restructuring, Iberia renovated the interior of all its long-haul aircraft as well as installing personal screens in each economy class seat. The onboard entertainment system includes a large number of films and series in both Spanish and English. In addition, you can see the flight information at any time.

One hour before landing, a small snack consisting of a croissant, a cinnamon roll and a yogurt is served.

After almost 8 hours of flight, we landed 15 minutes ahead our schedule at JFK airport in New York.

The overall assessment is that the long haul product of Iberia has improved considerably putting itself at the height of European airlines such as Lufthansa or British Airways. 2 meals are offered on a less than 8h flighta nd there is Wi-Fi available for a fee.

Here is the Link to the video-review of this flight, hope you like it!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1aYiQcY2U&t
You can watch my reviews on LEBB Aviation

Cointrin330

Re: Iberia A333 Madrid to New York economy class

Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Nice report and video. I've flown IB a few times in the last two years, including MAD-JFK, JFK-MAD, and TLS-SVQ and have found the experience to be consistent and quite good. Both of my TATL flights were in Iberia Business. The seat and the entertainment system are both quite good. The cabin service is good. The catering is so so but airplane food isn't my thing anyway.

drian02
Topic Author

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
Nice report and video. I've flown IB a few times in the last two years, including MAD-JFK, JFK-MAD, and TLS-SVQ and have found the experience to be consistent and quite good. Both of my TATL flights were in Iberia Business. The seat and the entertainment system are both quite good. The cabin service is good. The catering is so so but airplane food isn't my thing anyway.

Thanks for your comment!

Iberia's cabin service on long haul flights has improved a lot on the last few years. I have only tried the european business class but on my next TATL flight I will consider flying Iberia business for sure.
You can watch my reviews on LEBB Aviation

lychemsa

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Hamburger? The meals seem to have gone downhill since 5 years ago. Also the starter is now lettuce. At least a cheese cake is a good desert unlike American who serve an awful cheapo chocolate brownie. Also impressed they still serve a snack unlike British Airways who starve you with just 1 meal.