Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PMBling
Topic Author

ANA Business Class BKK--NRT on Boeing 787

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm

This was my first time flying ANA Business Class and I absolutely loved both, the hard product and the service! It was the second leg of my four segment trip back from Saigon to Ottawa (SGN-BKK-NRT-IAD-YOW). I could have flown ANA business directly from SGN to NRT on a 767-300 with old angled seats, but BKK-NRT sector runs a sparkling 787-9 aircraft. So I chose to backtrack SGN-BKK instead, to enjoy a lovely 6 hour overnight journey in a Boeing 787-9!

A detailed review of my ANA business class experience is on my blog at http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/an ... reamliner/

Flt: NH808 Bangkok (BKK) – Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Aircraft: Boeing 787-9
Duration: 5hr 50min

I was seated in 11C, which came with a pillow, bottled water, menu and a blanket. Business class cabin was equipped with 1-2-1 configuration and seat 11C had an aisle side seat with a large ‘work desk’ by the window and generous amount of legroom and storage area in front.

It was wonderful that the USB/power outlet and other electronic amenities were in plain sight and not hidden in nooks and corner of the seat.Image

Seat amenities included a travel kit, headphones, slippers and a bottle of water.

The ANA Business class amenity kit came in a cute pouch and included socks, face and eye masks, ear plugs, hand&face cream, refreshing ‘aroma towel’ and a dental kit.

Shortly after take off, crew came around with a hot towel service followed by drinks and snacks. The crew had already collected our meal and drink preferences while at the gate. I opted for a Japanese white wine and a traditional Japanese meal – Washoku.

I slept for four hours and got up with an hour to landing, I requested the Udon Noodle with deep fried tofu from the anytime menu. The staff was more than happy to oblige even though breakfast was being served throughout the cabin.

My decision to backtrack from SGN to BKK, simply to fly the ANA 787 was validated by the excellent cabin and crew of ANA Business Class. Impeccable service, friendly crew and a superlative ANA hard product, I could not have hoped for a better flight.

For further reading, a detailed pictorial review of the ANA Business Class is now available on my blog - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/an ... reamliner/

YTR

Re: ANA Business Class BKK--NRT on Boeing 787

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 am

Thanks for your report. For the seat, I prefer JAL.