Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

Christchurch to Auckland by Air NZ Airbus A320

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 am

Hi guys.... :smile:
First of all,let me introduce myself,I'm from Surabaya,Indonesia and this is my first trip report in this forum.I want to share some photos about my trip to New Zealand (mainly in Christchurch and Auckland) about a year ago and the exciting experience I had on board the Air New Zealand flight.

It was nearing the end of winter season at that time so the air wasn't too cold.It was very unusual and strange for me (who used to live in tropical country everyday) to experience the winter season in New Zealand.But I really like it there because the temperature didn't drop below freezing (approx. 2-10 degree centigrade).I had a very good time in Christchurch and here are some photos of it :

Christchurch Botanic Garden

View from the train to Arthur's Pass

Mrs.Jones Orchard

Then,I took the domestic flight (a short hop from CHC to AKL)
Flight Details :
Date : July 12th,2016
Airline : Air New Zealand
Aircraft Type : Airbus A320
Route : Christchurch (CHC) to Auckland (AKL)
Flight duration : 1 h 20 m

Waiting for pushback

On board the flight

Air NZ in-flight magazine

Approaching Auckland

In the heart of Auckland

Thanks for reading my report,hope you like it :cheerful: :cheerful:

aeromoe

Re: Christchurch to Auckland by Air NZ Airbus A320

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice report! I like how the inflight magazine has the 767-300 in the old colors! I hope you get the opportunity to upload more trip reports.

Moe

jlaforteza

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Good start. Hope to read many more. Would love to see more from South Island, NZ. I've only been to North Island and I hear amazing things about the South.

LamboAston

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:45 am

Either your trip was a few months ago, or the magazine was outdated, because there hasn't been 4 767s for over 6 months. The last ones went out of service in April, and have just flown out of AKL for the final time.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Well done. Looks like you enjoyed the fruit stall. Thanks for posting!

dcajet

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:30 am

LamboAston wrote:
Either your trip was a few months ago, or the magazine was outdated, because there hasn't been 4 767s for over 6 months. The last ones went out of service in April, and have just flown out of AKL for the final time.

Errr.. Ahem, ahem... Twice on his report the OP mentions this was a trip taken a year ago, in July 2016.

Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 am

jlaforteza wrote:
Good start. Hope to read many more. Would love to see more from South Island, NZ. I've only been to North Island and I hear amazing things about the South.

Thank you for your compliment.I'll soon write another trip report with Qatar Airways.Where are you from?I think it's better for you to go to the South Island during summer because in the winter it could be very cold.

Evan

Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 am

LamboAston wrote:

Yeah....I took this trip on July 2016 and I have just known from your comment that Air NZ no longer use their B767s.

Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 am

aeromoe wrote:
Nice report! I like how the inflight magazine has the 767-300 in the old colors! I hope you get the opportunity to upload more trip reports.

Moe

11725Flyer wrote:
Well done. Looks like you enjoyed the fruit stall. Thanks for posting!

Thanks

Evan

jlaforteza

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:45 pm

evangrady64 wrote:
jlaforteza wrote:

Thank you for your compliment.I'll soon write another trip report with Qatar Airways.Where are you from?I think it's better for you to go to the South Island during summer because in the winter it could be very cold.

Evan

Guam. I've only been in NZ in the winter, and even on North Island it can get cold in places so I don't want to imagine how cold it can be in the South.

Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 am

jlaforteza wrote:
evangrady64 wrote:
jlaforteza wrote:

Evan

Guam. I've only been in NZ in the winter, and even on North Island it can get cold in places so I don't want to imagine how cold it can be in the South.

Wow,you are from Guam.......in the South Island it's very freezing cold,like in a giant freezer.