Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lukasgv1
Topic Author

Back to the Canary Paradise | SANTIAGO - FUERTEVENTURA | Vueling Airlines A320CEO

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:10 am

This is the trip report of my flight from Santiago de Compostela (Spain) to Fuerteventura, in the Canary Islands (Spain), with Vueling (IAG).

The creation of the Vueling's base at Santiago de Compostela has allowed the airline to operate routes, in schedules much more beneficial for the tourist, lots of routes (especially to the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands). A clear example is this flight to Fuerteventura, that leaves after 7 am so that you can enjoy the entire day of arrival in Fuerteventura.

The airplane scheduled for our flight was the EC-LZN, a young A320CEO that was only 3 years old. Without any delay, we boarded and occupied our seat at row 21, in the middle of the Airbus.

We took off from runway 17 while the Sun was appearing on the horizon. In fact, the Sun rised over the horizon when we were in the initial climb, so we enjoyed what, in my opinion, after more than 300 flights, is the best part: a sunrise in flight.

Our route took us over Galicia (seeing all the Rías Baixas, Pontevedra, Vigo...) and Portugal, from north to south. After leaving Portugal over Faro, there was approximately 1:30h in which only water, water, and more water were seen. Once we had started the descent to Fuerteventura, e started to see Lanzarote islands, just in front of Fuerteventura. The total flight time was around 2:50h.

The surprise for us was that there were lots of storm clouds close to Fuerteventura (in fact, the day of arrival we couldn't go to the beach). Nevertheless, there were isolated tower cumulus so they weren't a problem for any aircraft.

We landed safely on runway 01 after a 180º approach that allowed us to see a great part of the island. The taxi to the terminal was pretty fast as, at that moment, there weren't almost any airplanes at Fuerteventura.

The service on board was very nice, with catering pay-to-eat, but with not too bad prices and tasty food. The cabin crew was very friendly, always with a smile.

I hope you'll enjoy this trip report! :)

As always, I know that in this forum many people prefer the photo-reports to the video-reports, but I would like to ask you to give this one a chance. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 4K video review.

LINK TO THE TRIP REPORT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJxVxWn8Zh4

lychemsa

Re: Back to the Canary Paradise | SANTIAGO - FUERTEVENTURA | Vueling Airlines A320CEO

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 pm

I want to go to Fuertoventura. Did you like it? When is the best time to go? Is the legroom tight on Vueling?

lukasgv1
Topic Author

Re: Back to the Canary Paradise | SANTIAGO - FUERTEVENTURA | Vueling Airlines A320CEO

Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am

lychemsa wrote:
I want to go to Fuertoventura. Did you like it? When is the best time to go? Is the legroom tight on Vueling?

One of the advantages of Fuerteventura is that is a quite-virgin island. The tourism is not so strong like in Gran Canaria or Tenerife so it's more peaceful. In addition to that, there are many beaches that are not volcanic, so the sand is completely white without any stone.

I think any moment is good to visit the Canary Islands, as they have a mean temperature of 21ºC during all year but, if you want hot, of course: on summer.

The legroom in Vueling... well, not so bad as with Iberia Express, but... pfff It depends a lot on your height.