Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fca767
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific A350 London Gatwick to Hong Kong

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:45 am

This time I take my youtube live streaming more seriously and take my computer with me.
The suitcase on the left is ready for the rest of the computer boxes. Just enough clothes in the right suitcase with added extra for padding.

Funnily enough the one on the right even though it was completely unlocked and open ajar on the carousel, the desktop monitor was fine because i had angled it in a way such as to push the monitor past a ridge so where it opens it would stay stuck up into that crevice and not come out.

And funnily enough it was the left suitcase that got damage to the front, tearing off 80% of the front pocket at the middle and near the top. Not sure what happened there between Gatwick and Hong Kong but Cathay Pacific were great and picked up my suitcase for repair in which it wasn't able to be repaired so they sent me a new one.

I have to save money where i can, so I take a bus to the town where i get a train to Gatwick Airport 200 miles away.
The fact that my home airport charges £2 for a trolley and other things are a reason that i go long haul from a different airport.
Also going on the A350 helps

I was overweight by 4KG but they let me off :) However going on my next flight 7 days later on the same ticket i was still overweight and at first they said i'd need to pay but then said it was ok and try to take something out and carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExRpfkuCys
Testing my 360 Degree camera during boarding
Use your Tablet PC mouse to turn around

More of that 360 on my channel with the latest flights after Landing in HKG

I film video on 2 cameras so keep updated for when i upload them as a dual video
There was a lightning strike on the aircraft before as heard on the full flight video.
Drinks were done first and the meals a while later
I arrived at the immigration queue of 2 people, I waited in line and got my stamp all within 1 minute 30 seconds. I've never been through so fast.

I'd spent 5 days changing my time zone to Hong Kong while i was at home so that i was ready to Live Stream from the minute i arrived at the apartment.
Lessons learnt though are that i need a video capture card for when i go back there soon so that it films live stream straight from the camcorder.
https://youtu.be/l89oFc2PiTE?t=11622

The view when washing dishes, just see a cathay flying past the kitchen.

Seriously i'd live here if i had £1000 a month but my wage is £300 a month so i'm not able to. Only short trips.

https://youtu.be/X79fQLoUQgw
Full Flight with ATC(and i mean full flight)

mdavies06

Re: Cathay Pacific A350 London Gatwick to Hong Kong

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm

I thought a full flight = fully loaded in Y lol.

Well done for taking a continuous video of 11 hrs in length. How much RAM does it take up?

11725Flyer

Re: Cathay Pacific A350 London Gatwick to Hong Kong

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:22 am

It's been ages since I've had Häagen-Dazs ice cream. Great photos, and thanks for sharing with us!