Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Robisintheair
Topic Author

Mileagerun "Quick and Dirty" with Aegean Airlines to Cairo

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:35 am

A new flightyear 2017, also means to requalify the Star Alliance Gold with Aegean Airlines. With this little Greek Airlines, you often get the opportunity for some interesting Routings, for Example to Cairo. I choosed the “quick and dirty” option. My Flight starts at 10 am on a Saturday in Munich to Cairo via Thessaloniki and Athens, and arrives in Munich on Sunday Morning also at 10 am. In Cairo, I have a 3 hour stay. For the whole trip, I paid 214€ and spend my four Upgrade Voucher on four of five flights.

I reached Munich Airport at 9am and Boarding starts at 9:50 – enough time for a short Breakfast at the Lufthansa Senator Lounge. The Flight to Thessaloniki departs from the new Satellite Terminal and from my Window Seat, a can see my plane. On my first Leg to Greece, I had the whole Business Class for myself. The Service and the Crew was great! For Lunch, they served a Shrimp – Mussel Risotto, together with a Greek White Wine it was perfect! I enjoyed a Cappuccino on FL350 and saw beautiful landscapes, bevor descending into Thessaloniki. For my surprise, I was picked up with Bus. All the other Passengers had to wait. It a bit like HON Circle Service ☺ I spend the next couple of hours at the Aegean Gold Lounge with some Snacks and Drinks.

My next Flight is in Economy Class to Athens. It is only a short 45 Minute Jump. The weather outside was really nice, I had a beautiful sunset. There is also a Service on this shot Flight. I got a cookie and a Coffee. As we reached Athens, I picked up my new Boarding Passes at the Check-in. Because of construction at the Airport, a Transfer was impossible.

My Home for the next hours was the Swissport Lounge – but there is nothing to write about that. The Boarding to Cairo starts punctually – it is the last Flight of the day. With a Bus, we drove to the Gate Position. Next to us , was a beautiful Boeing 747-200 from Hellenic Imperial Airways. On this flight, I had the Business Class for myself, again. Service, Food and Drinks was great, again. I got some extra Cookies ☺. The weather over Egypt was very clear, o I had an exceptional view over Cairo. I never thought, that this city is so huge!

After arriving at Cairo Airport, I went to the Transfer Desk. After some Minutes of waiting and a another Security Check, I was ready to enter the Departure Area and the Egypt Air Lounge. Three Hours from now on, before heading back to Munich. There were only two other people with me. At 5 am the Boarding back to Athens began. I was really surprised, the it was the same Crew from the inbound flight, but they were also surprised to see me again ☺ . After accelerating the Airbus on the runway, I had fallen asleep and I woken up during descent into Athens. My connection time to Munich is about one hour, so there is still enough time for a short Breakfast at the freshly renovated Lufthansa Business Lounge.

After a helpful Cup of Coffee, I started my last flight. The Business class on this flight was quite full, but the seat next to me was empty. I decided to breakfast a bit later, I was soo tired. As we reached the Adriatic Coast at Split, Croatia, I had my Omelet and a Coffee. From now on, we had clear skies on our route to Munich – also over the Alps. The view was so amazing! And it was a beautiful end for this very short trip to Cairo ☺

Thank you for flying with me :D

If you want to see more Pictures, then follow the Link to my Blog :arrow: http://www.robisintheair.de/wie-odysseus-zu-den-pharaonen-oder-auch-mit-aegean-airlines-nach-kairo/

If you like to watch a short movie of my trip report, here is the Link to my YouTube Channel :arrow: https://youtu.be/XFA2IRGwq18
Thank you for Like & Subscribe :)

debonair

Re: Mileagerun "Quick and Dirty" with Aegean Airlines to Cairo

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:41 am

Nice TR...

I am only confused, Swissport Lounge in ATH? I thought A3 is having their own lounge...

Robisintheair
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:38 pm

debonair wrote:
Nice TR...

I am only confused, Swissport Lounge in ATH? I thought A3 is having their own lounge...

Hi Debonair,

thank you for reading! :-) A3 use its own Lounge for Schengen Flights. Cairo departs from the Non-Schengen Area, and there is only the Swissport Lounge.

Airfurt

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Nice Pictures! I am also a big fan of Milegeruns :-) The highest Segment Level I reached on a day was 6.