Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

anaknegeri
Topic Author

From KL to Jakarta with KLM, Boeing 777-300ER

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello Airliners!

After the flight to Singapore on this report: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1358041, I boarded the intercity bus to Kuala Lumpur and stayed for a night in First World Hotel, Genting Highland.

Then I returned to my own city in January 20th, 2017. For this returning flight I picked KLM, which served Amsterdam - KL - Jakarta route. For the KL - Jakarta sector they offered really cheap price, around USD 50 (one way), sometimes cheaper than AirAsia and Lion Air, 2 LCCs serving this route.

Before the main report, I will show you some snapshots of Genting Highland and KL city.

After taking the cable car from First World Hotel to Awana Skyway station, I boarded the bus to Gombak LRT Station, where I would take the LRT train to Petronas Twin Tower.

Petronas Twin Tower.

Bukit Bintang, a famous shopping area.

My lunch: a plate of Hor Fun (Cantonese-style rice noodles) at Restoran Pau Kee.

The monorail train, taking me from Bukit Bintang to KL Sentral, where from there I would take the express bus to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).

KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur's main transport hub.

From KL Sentral I boarded an express bus to the airport. It took around 50 minute to reach the airport, without any traffic jam.

KLIA Departure Hall.

KLM check-in counter. I had my check-in process done here.

Then I got the powerful pass to fly. I didn't know why they printed the boarding pass on a Malaysia Airlines' card.

From the check in counter, I proceed to the immigration counter. The immigration check was simple without any cards to be filled, only a fingerprint scan.

Then after the immigration check, as usual we were welcomed by these unique jet miniatures.

At that time, we were still in the main terminal, while our boarding gate was located in the satellite terminal. To reach there, we had to hop the people mover.

While in the people mover, there were nice views outside.
Etihad and Saudia aircrafts.

The Malaysia Airlines' area.

Arriving in satellite terminal.

Then I proceed to gate C3, our boarding gate.

At the left side was gate C1, boarding gate of Saudia to Jeddah.

After a tight security check, I and other passengers entered the waiting hall of the gate.

Our aircraft ready for departure. The registration code was PH-BVC (National Park Sian Ka'an), with KLM Asia livery. Personally I don't like this livery, as it lose its precious crown.

Boarding process started. Time to enter the aircraft.

My seat, on the 1st row of the economy class area, with very wide space. I was very lucky to get this row.

My seat was at the aisle side. At my right side was a Dutch couple. Based on my simple observation, majority of the passengers were Dutch and Indonesian. Not too many Malaysians. I also saw a lady holding Peruvian passport, really far.

All passengers had boarded, and the safety video with unique animation cards started.

Without any queues and turbulences, the aircraft flew smoothly to the sky at 5.20 p.m. (GMT+8). Around 10 minutes after that, the seat-belt signs were turned off, and I went to the toilet. Very clean toilet.

Cabin situation.

Back to my seat. I checked the safety cards, magazines, and other stuffs inside the pocket.

An overview of their newest Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the magazine.

Then the cabin crews started distributing the headphone. As usual, don't have high expectation of its quality.

Exploring the IFE, but as usual, I wasn't interested in movies or TV series, so I put my own flash drive to the IFE.

Meals menu on the IFE screen. Unfortunately it could not be used on this short-distance flight.

Then a cabin crew came to our seat and served the snack. I also requested a cup of sparkling water for my drink.

I then enjoyed the music from IFE. The flight was smooth, without bad weather conditions and turbulences. A Dutch lady at my right side was busy with her fiction book, while her couple slept peacefully.

Finally the aircraft landed safely and smoothly in Soekarno-Hatta Airport at 6.10 p.m. (GMT+7).

Before leaving the aircraft, I took some final snapshots of the cabin.

Business class.

The aircraft was parked together with B777-300ER of Turkish Airlines, ready for departure to Istanbul.

Then I proceed to immigration counter, and after that, I passed through baggage claim area. I didn't check any baggage so I didn't have anything to put here.

After that, I left the terminal building and proceed to the bus station to catch the bus to Gambir train station.

The traffic was not bad. I reached Gambir Station after 30 minutes from the airport. Then I walked to my campus to meet my friends. There were many assignments from my lecturers to be done.

OK, that's my report for the trip.
Any feedbacks and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks for reading.