anaknegeri
Topic Author

A Short Jakarta-Singapore Flight with JETSTAR ASIA

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

Hello Airliners!!!

Here was my another flight report, happened in January 18th 2017.

First of all, as usual, please apologize for my bad English, and there will be more photos than words. Please also not to be shocked if you find similar stories on another forums and sites, because I also wrote them by myself.

Brief Intro

JETSTAR ASIA is a Singapore-based low cost carrier and a subsidiary of Australia's Jetstar, itself is a subsidiary of Qantas. It is one of 7 players on Jakarta-Singapore flight route, a very busy route. Other players are Garuda Indonesia, Singapore Airline, Lion Air, Batik Air, Indonesia AirAsia, and Tigerair.

About 3 weeks before the journey, Jetstar offers a really cheap ticket price om Jakarta-Singapore sector, starting from IDR 340,000 (around USD 27). I quickly bought the ticket. Then how about the ticket for going home? I decided to pick KLM from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. (I will post later in another thread)

The Jakarta-Singapore flight would be my 2nd experience with Jetstar, after my 1st flight with it on February 2016 (sorry, I didn't write the report here).

And the journey began.

JANUARY 18th, 2017

I arrived on the Soekarno-Hatta Airport Terminal 2D at 6.30 a.m., around 2.5 hours before boarding.

The LCD TV displaying flights, including my flight, Jetstar 3K202 to Singapore. There were also Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and others ready for boarding.

The Qatar Airways' check in counter filled with umrah pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.

Jetstar's counter. Actually I had done the online check in, but Jetstar needed to verify travel documents (passport, visa, etc) of all passengers. Then they gave me the new boarding pass. So the pass which I had printed at home before was useless.

From the check in counter, I proceed to immigration counter, then the authorities stamped my passport.

While walking to the boarding gate, there was an Airbus A330 of Lion Air seen outside the window, ready for departure to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

An Emirates fleet waiting for boarding to Dubai.

Garuda's A330.

Gate D4, the boarding gate of Jetstar 3K202, but still not shown on the LCD. Yeah, I was too early to reach the gate, more than 90 minutes before departure.

While waiting for boarding, I took some sights outside the window.

Cathay Pacific stowed before flying to Hong Kong.

AirAsia and Thai Lion Air (a subsidiary of Lion Air, the Indonesian largest airline)

Singapore Airlines preparing to take off.

Then the Jetstar with reg code 9V-JSM arrived from Singapore.

Time for boarding. We were greeted by cabin crews, consisting of a Singaporean steward and 2 stewardess, from Hong Kong and Japan.

The seats. Personally for me the Jetstar's seats were more comfortable than the AirAsia's.

All passengers have embarked, then cabin crews started the safety instructions. As usual, the congestion of Soekarno-Hatta Airport's air traffic made us have to wait around 15 minutes to take-off.

At 9.45 a.m. (UTC+7) the aircraft started to fly smoothly without any turbulences. After the seat-belt sign switched off, I inspected the toilet. Clean and well-maintained.

I also checked anything inside the seat pocket.
The safety card.

Here you could buy the Starhub SIM card on board, but they offered only the SGD 32 card (not suitable for anyone staying in Singapore less than 7 days), while you could buy the SIM card in Singaporean local stores starting from SGD 7.

The meals menu, with also expensive prices. SGD 12 for a chicken rice? You could buy a large portion of Indian briyani rice with muttons in Little India at the same price.

The Jetstar Magazine (without any unique titles like AirAsia's 3Sixty or Garuda's Colours), full with Chinese New Year attributes. Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

All flight routes of Jetstar and its subsidiaries shown on the magazine.

Flight schedules also displayed.

Finally the 9V-JSM aircraft landed in Changi Airport at 12.00 p.m. (UTC+8). Sadly, the situation was not suitable for me to take the last picture of the aircraft.

Passengers then proceed to a security check before immigration. But before that, I took some snapshots.

The Airbus A350-900 of Singapore Airlines. One of my dream.

Indonesian AirAsia (QZ) with WOW livery.

Air Zimbabwe.

B787 of Thai Airways, and a Jetstar at its right side.

Cathay Pacific B-KPI. Their 777-300ERs are rarely seen in Jakarta.

The airport's Terminal 1.

Then I proceed to the immigration counter without long queues. From there, I reached the baggage belt.

It was time to leave the airport, but I had to reach the Terminal 3 by people mover because the MRT station was there.

Terminal 3, the newest terminal of the airport. More than 50% of Singapore Airlines' flight, especially to Europe and USA, boarded from here.

As a Pokemon Go player, I was very amused to see a huge Pikachu here, with decorations for upcoming Chinese New Year (a widely celebrated festival in a Chinese-majority Singapore).

Way to the MRT station.

Finally, let me show you some snapshots of Singapore taken by my cellphone's camera, and also the bus bringing me to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Bugis Street.

My lunch: an Indian briyani rice with fried fish, boiled egg, and a papadom (Indian cracker).

Marina Bay Sands (MBS), with a "boat" on the top containing one of world's highest swimming pool.

Gardens By The Bay, a futuristic garden located behind the MBS.

ION Orchard Road.

A local ice cream stall in Orchard Road. The ice cream was served with a slice of bread.

My dinner: famous Song Fa Bak Kut Teh, with a long queue to be served. Bak Kut Teh is a Chinese-style pork ribs soup.

A giant rooster statue located in Chinatown, welcoming the "Year of Rooster" according to Chinese lunar calendar.

Clarke Quay, a riverside area filled with bars and restaurant.

And this is the bus which would take me to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

OK, that's my report. I will post the Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta flight report later.
Any feedbacks are appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

dcajet

Re: A Short Jakarta-Singapore Flight with JETSTAR ASIA

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:17 am

Air Zimbabwe 767 @ Changi? Scheduled service or one off shopping trip for Mugabe or some member of his family?
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

anaknegeri
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 am

dcajet wrote:
Air Zimbabwe 767 @ Changi? Scheduled service or one off shopping trip for Mugabe or some member of his family?

Air Zimbabwe has discontinued their scheduled service to Singapore since 2011.

vandut

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:32 am

B787 of Thai Airways, and a Jetstar at its right side

That's TG A359

My friend got a promo ticket CGK-SIN with SQ 958 (A350-900) and back with SQ 962 (Also A359) for a mere Rp. 1.2million return. Should definitely try, it's one of the quietest airplane around!

anaknegeri
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:07 pm

vandut wrote:
B787 of Thai Airways, and a Jetstar at its right side

That's TG A359

My friend got a promo ticket CGK-SIN with SQ 958 (A350-900) and back with SQ 962 (Also A359) for a mere Rp. 1.2million return. Should definitely try, it's one of the quietest airplane around!

Thanks for your correction. Unfortunately I can't edit my post anymore.

11725Flyer

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 pm

I loved the route maps! Great trip report - thanks.

anaknegeri
Topic Author

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am

11725Flyer wrote:
I loved the route maps! Great trip report - thanks.

Thanks for your appreciation.