Robisintheair
Topic Author

Let's Burn Some Miles - With Air Berlin in Business Class

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello Guys,

I have a new Trip Report. It is with Airberlin in Business Class from Berlin to Abu Dhabi. If you like to watch the video -
here is the Link to youtube:

:arrow: https://youtu.be/dkI383G91uY

Thank you for reading! :-) For some more Pictures, you are welcome on my Blog:
:arrow: http://www.robisintheair.de/meilen-verbrennen-in-der-airberlin-business-class-nach-abu-dhabi/ :checkmark:

It is only a few days before New Years Eve in 2016 and I am on my way in the Airberlin Business Class to Abu Dhabi. The idea for this trip was very spontaneous, because of a very good redemption promotion from the Frequent Flyer Programm Topbonus. Only 63.000 Miles plus 187€ instead of 90.000 Miles and 187€ Tax. This is a great Deal!

My Journey starts at 9 o’clock in the Morning in East Berlin . As a Airberlin Business Class Traveller you have the opportunity to use the Chauffeur Service. Punctual the Sixt driver arrives in a brand new BMW 535d. He is very friendly and attentive. The Sixt Limousine Service provides some Magazines, a Bottle of Water and a Charger for your Mobile phone. My drop-of ist directly in front of the Gate A0 . A check-in is not necessary, because I travel with Hand Luggage and I already have my Boardingpass. Now its time for a small Breakfast at the Air France Lounge.

Twenty Minutes before Departure, I am on my way to the Gate. After passport control, its time to board the plane. My Home for the next 6 hrs ist the seat 6C. Its in the last row on the left side. The FA helped me friendly with the luggage and asked me what I want to drink. This decison was easy - Champagne of course :-). The Purserette took time to welcomes me on Board and after that I recived a hot towel for refreshing. Gradually the Business Class the fills and all Seats are occupied. Now we’re ready for pushback and scheduled Departure.

Take-off thrust set - we took off westbound and heading to Poland. As the plane reaches the final altitude, the Aperitif Service begins. I stared with a Gin Tonic. As a Airberlin Platinum member, I was asked first, what I liked to eat. Thats a nice move! I started with a Thuna Tartare with Mango Cilantro Slasa. For the Maincourse I tried the Beef cubes with a delicious Cranberry Sauce and mashed potatoes. The Meal was great! Finally I got my Dessert - a Nougat Tarte with a cup of coffee. A compliment to the FAs - everyone was very attentive and fast. The Gin Tonics were awesome.

After the great meal, I tried to watch a movie. The selection was not as good as I expected. Only 40 Movies and Series. My decision felt to „The Independence Day“, „The Nice Guys“ and one of my favorite Series: „The Big Bang Theory“. During the flight, I was served with some Potatoe Chips.

An half hour before Landing in Abu Dhabi, I recieved a Fast Track Card for entering the VAE from my Flight Attendant. He also took time to say thank you for flying Airberlin today. This was a really nice move. Our Airbus landed and parked at the Cargo Ramp. There was already the Bus who took the Business Class Passangers to the Terminal.

What do you think about Airberlin? What was your experience? I am glad to hear from you!

Thank you for reading! :-) For some more Pictures, you are welcome on my Blog:
:arrow: http://www.robisintheair.de/meilen-verbrennen-in-der-airberlin-business-class-nach-abu-dhabi/ :checkmark:

milesaround

Re: Let's Burn Some Miles - With Air Berlin in Business Class

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:42 pm

I like you YouTube trip report! I am not sure, if I would book a flight in Business Class with AB. It's ok, if the price is right!

Robisintheair
Topic Author

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

I already make a Video during my stay in the Ethiad First Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi. Between 3 and 6 am in the Morning it was completely empty. The dinner was great and the Bartender made a very good Job :D

https://youtu.be/FzPY96NsD3I?t=1

11725Flyer

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 pm

Well done. The pictures are fantastic- especially the cockpit photo.