Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Block40Osan
Topic Author

Priority screening help.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi,

I really appreciate the screeners’ hard work, however I’m quite disappointed by their decisions made today. I had put two photos on my screening queue, both being EK A388 special (A6-EEB)/Photo ID 5482897 and 5472899, respectively.

Obviously we don’t have any daytime shots for A6-EEB yet, and given my shot was taken during daytime and it being the first occasion to visit Seoul, I thought it would easily qualify for the priority screening. (I was given a priority screening on A6-EEY, although by the time I checked on the priority screening box there was already pic of EEY wearing EXPO colors)

However the decision was to deprioritize the shots without any further explanation, which to me feels like a double standard. If one is given a priority screening for the same reason why can’t you do it on the other?

Getting through all this I really wanted to ask, what are the standards you pull out when giving a priority screening? I’m not blaming on anyone, however if one is to deprioritize the shot there should be enough of an explanation rather than just kick pics off from the priority queue. Sometimes the inconsistency of screening drives me crazy.

I’d appreciate if any of the screeners would give me a clear answers as to why those are being deprioritized while some are given priority screening.

Regards

airkas1

Re: Priority screening help.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi,

The prio window is open for 24h, counting from the moment the first photo is accepted. This goes for any photo that qualifies for priority screening. For the EK special, I understand that it's the first daytime photo, but we've never really made an exception for daytime vs. nighttime photos as far as I know. Hence they got deprioritized. There were 4 other daytime before yours was screened and all 4 got depriotized (2 of from yesterday). So unless I'm missing something we aren't using a double standard on this.

When we deprioritze photos, we are are unable to leave a comment for the uploader. In fact, the only way we can leave a message for the uploader is when we reject a photo with a personal (ticking the 'personal' box always triggers a rejection unfortunately). However, I'm happy to answer in a thread like this or when you shoot us an E-mail with the same question.

I think I screened (depriotized) one of your photos and it looked a bit soft, but fine for the rest. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Block40Osan
Topic Author

Re: Priority screening help.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:28 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Hi,

The prio window is open for 24h, counting from the moment the first photo is accepted. This goes for any photo that qualifies for priority screening. For the EK special, I understand that it's the first daytime photo, but we've never really made an exception for daytime vs. nighttime photos as far as I know. Hence they got deprioritized. There were 4 other daytime before yours was screened and all 4 got depriotized (2 of from yesterday). So unless I'm missing something we aren't using a double standard on this.

When we deprioritze photos, we are are unable to leave a comment for the uploader. In fact, the only way we can leave a message for the uploader is when we reject a photo with a personal (ticking the 'personal' box always triggers a rejection unfortunately). However, I'm happy to answer in a thread like this or when you shoot us an E-mail with the same question.

I think I screened (depriotized) one of your photos and it looked a bit soft, but fine for the rest. Let me know if you have any further questions.

I got it clear, thanks for your thoughtful reply. Now I got to agree what you wrote. Maybe I was little too overexcited to upload pics of my new collection, will patiently wait for the screening and see what result would it bring.

Kind regards,

Chang