uya
Topic Author

What are the major and minor aberrant items of this photo that makes me rejected from sharing ?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am quite new arround here, I've just uploaded a photo but it was rejected. Can we please check it together and see what are the aberrant and abnormal things on the photo ? Thanks a lot from now.

Schmave

Re: What are the major and minor aberrant items of this photo that makes me rejected from sharing ?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

First off, I think this post would be better off in the Photography Feedback forum. The mods may move it there.

Second, the sky is definitely a bit noisy in this photo. I don't know about the "motive", but you may get a rejection there due to not much else going on in the frame (other than the twilight orange light in the sky). My $0.02.

airkas1
Head Screener

Re: What are the major and minor aberrant items of this photo that makes me rejected from sharing ?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 pm

I think I rejected that photo today. Just because we allow 1920x1080px in size doesn't mean every photo will work that large. Yours doesn't unfortunately. It's very noisy and the aircraft is very distant. But even if you were to crop it to what A.net likes, I don't think the photo is salvagable.

Crosswindphoto

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:18 pm

I agree with what Kas said. However, I think you win the award for longest forum title! :p

Dieuwer

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:36 pm

Speaking about rejected photos...this one was mine which was rejected due to it being "too dark, grainy, and having low contrast". Not sure why it supposedly is too dark or low contrast, but the graininess probably comes from my Android phone I used in making the photo.

airkas1
Head Screener

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Yes, that looks like a typical phone photo. Nice, but usually not enough quality for A.net. It is underexposed because you were shooting more or less against the sun and everything looks dark. Flat not so much.

Dieuwer

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 am

Yes, I was actually walking to my own plane and quickly took this shot. Didn't really have time to set it up properly with my (slightly) better camera which I also brought along.

clickhappy

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:51 am

For sure not the quality for this website, but what an interesting shot, all those exotic ATR's. Thanks for sharing

Dieuwer

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:59 pm

clickhappy wrote:
For sure not the quality for this website, but what an interesting shot, all those exotic ATR's. Thanks for sharing

Well, that's the reason I decided to snap this pic at HEH. No point IMO to take another photo of another A380 or 77W at e.g. BKK.