trevisan26
Topic Author

Pre/Post Screening - trevisan26

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello everyone! Since my last thread is already way down the forum page and got a little long, I'm creating a new one for pre/post screening.

Would appreciate feedback on the images below:

Post Screening:
LATAM 767 - Overexposed/Heat Haze
Is heat haze overall the image or specifically on the fuselage above the main titles? If it's the latter, it's the titles from the opposite side playing tricks. Exposure looks like an easy fix.
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 1084f2ad49

Cessna over piano keys - Overexposed/Soft/Quality
Despite quality rejection, is it worth another try with more sharpness and exposure reduced or better give up?
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... e540ea4899

Pre Screening:
USAF KC-46 lined up at KPAE
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 69df5d1549

Cheers,
Thiago Trevisan

fsx98

Re: Pre/Post Screening - trevisan26

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:11 pm

For the LATAM 767, I'm pretty sure it's on the fuselage above the main titles on the plane's left side that is causing confusion.
For the Cessna, I would try reducing the exposure and apply another kick of sharpness or two.
For the USAF KC-46, I'm much concerned about the motive, as the "X" equipment is partially blocking the nose of the plane.
Aviation junkie + computer expert!

trevisan26
Topic Author

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 am

fsx98 wrote:
For the LATAM 767, I'm pretty sure it's on the fuselage above the main titles on the plane's left side that is causing confusion.
For the Cessna, I would try reducing the exposure and apply another kick of sharpness or two.
For the USAF KC-46, I'm much concerned about the motive, as the "X" equipment is partially blocking the nose of the plane.

Thanks fsx98, really appreciate your feedback.

I will try again with LATAM 767 later and wait if someone else wants to chime in about the Cessna. Motive-wise the USAF shot it should be passable since its tolerated for aerial shots.

Cheers

JKPhotos

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Thiago,

as for tha LATAM I don't see heat hatze being a real issue. On such light exposure is always tricky and I agree that the top of the fuselage is rather bright.

I like the motive of the Cessna (it's a cool shot), but without seeing the original hard to tell if it's worth spending additional time on. I am personally unsure. But in the end why not try an edit with some more sharpening (it would need quite a boost I'd say) and some reduced exposure.

The KC-46 shot is very nice. I am struggling with such small sizes but I would say it could do with another pass of sharpening.

Julien

airkas1
Head Screener

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:22 pm

The LATAM isn't particularly hazed, but it is somewhat soft in places (especially the wings). A bit bright and perhaps in need of some more contrast too.
Loved the motive of the Citation, but it was a little blurry unfortunately. Please do try with reduced exposure and added sharpening.

trevisan26
Topic Author

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:11 pm

JKPhotos wrote:
Hi Thiago,

Hi Julien, thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, by the time you posted, the KC-46 shot was one day off from being screened and was accepted as it was. I agree light on LATAM is not good, especially for exposure purposes. I tried two new editions with LATAM and the Cessna (links below). Lets hope for the best, especially with the bizjet :D

airkas1 wrote:
The LATAM isn't particularly hazed,

Thanks Kas. A longer lens would come in handy for the Cessna shot, but still I'm quite happy with the final result, even if it's not ideal for a.net.

I reedited LATAM and Cessna following your, Julien and fsx98 feedback, they are now on Priority and Creative queues respectively.

Cessna: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 946a12b4a4
LATAM: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... ae554b3c60