Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ghost77
Topic Author

Blurry picture

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:21 am

Hello guys!

I've been away from uploading for the last 6 months due to work and initial training for the Embraer 190.

I've tried to upload a few, and I'm not a fan of helicopters, but I spoted this aircraft pretty close, heat haze due to distance is not a big factor, but seems is causing a little "blurriness"

Screener told me to not upload this one anymore... can you tell me please where exactly is blurry?

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... 8039876a8d

Thanks

g77

vcruvinel
Support

Re: Blurry picture

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Hey Ricardo,

Maybe I wrong...but the only part that I see a bit blurry is the Mexico flag a a little part from the front section. I think the image itself has some parts soft (front section) and others oversharpened (tail). The best way it to edit again from zero and before upload post here. Tell me if you need any help.

Best,

Vinicius Cruvinel

len90

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 am

I have to agree with the soft/blurry at the front and OS on the rear. You can also try it at 1200 pixels

ghost77
Topic Author

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am

Thank you for your comments, the only blurry part I see, is the tail, the CFE logo, is kind of blurry, but it is like that, the whole tail is ok, although I try to edit on 1200, but will I get banned if I upload it for the 3rd time? In 18 years they've never told me not to upload it again only on the 2nd attempt... have rules changed?

vcruvinel
Support

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:43 am

ghost77 wrote:
Thank you for your comments, the only blurry part I see, is the tail, the CFE logo, is kind of blurry, but it is like that, the whole tail is ok, although I try to edit on 1200, but will I get banned if I upload it for the 3rd time? In 18 years they've never told me not to upload it again only on the 2nd attempt... have rules changed?

Try to edit in 1200px and edit again, I think this will correct any blurry part. About the reupload:

Reupload
Your photo(s) seems to be an unchanged re-upload of a photo that was previously rejected.

Re-uploading previously rejected photos in unchanged form is not allowed. Instead, use the appeal link which is included in you rejection e-mail (scroll further down in your email to see this link) to move this rejected picture into the queue of the head screeners, who will have the final decision about acceptance or rejection of this picture. If the picture was already appealed by you and rejected by the head screeners or the administrator, please be so kind and do not reupload it again without improving it.

Please note that continuous reuploading may result in a temporary ban from the site.

I extract this text from the A.net guidelines. I think in the time of upload you can justify using the comment field. Explain that you made changes in size, sharpness and other things. But let's wait a comment from a screener in your topic.

Best,

Vinicius

scbriml

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 am

vcruvinel wrote:
I think in the time of upload you can justify using the comment field. Explain that you made changes in size, sharpness and other things. But let's wait a comment from a screener in your topic.

When uploading a new edit of a previously rejected image, it's always best to add a comment letting the screener know. There's only a slim chance the screener who rejected the original will screen the new edit. While not absolutely required, I think it's just polite and helps the screeners.

airkas1

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 am

The entire photo is a little blurry for me, especially noticeable (for me anyway) in the main titles and cockpit area.

Runway28L

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 am

I'll just add to what was stated above. What I do when re-uploading a previously rejected image is a comment to the screener with "Previously rejected for..." and list off the rejections. Then add the changes that I made in an attempt to eliminate the problems present in the first upload.

ghost77
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 am

scbriml wrote:
vcruvinel wrote:
I think in the time of upload you can justify using the comment field. Explain that you made changes in size, sharpness and other things. But let's wait a comment from a screener in your topic.

Thanks, I stopped doing it, but I'll do it again!

Anyway, did resize it as recommended, 1200x800 and it looks way better:

Thanks all!

g77

vcruvinel
Support

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

ghost77 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
vcruvinel wrote:

Thanks, I stopped doing it, but I'll do it again!

Anyway, did resize it as recommended, 1200x800 and it looks way better:

Thanks all!

g77

Nice, Ricardo! Happy that the photo has been accepted!

Best,

Vinicius