Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bombayduck
Topic Author

Rejected high in frame

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi
Had this image rejected for being high in frame.

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... 5690b492ef

May be a silly question, where does the line fall across the image for being high in the frame?. Should the tail be included for being high in the frame?.

MTIA

Steve

Kaphias

Re: Rejected high in frame

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Yes, the tail should be considered. Here's what I wrote last week in a different topic on the subject of vertical centering:
Kaphias wrote:
There's really no easy rule to use for vertical centering. The best way I can describe my process is that I want to find the visual center line as if your image was weighted and you were trying to balance the top against the bottom. The fuselage holds a lot of "weight" because of it's area and width, but the tail offsets this somewhat because of it's height. However, because the tail doesn't take up as much area as the fuselage, it doesn't completely offset the "weight" of the fuselage. So in the case of your 737 photo, I wouldn't center between the top of the tail and the bottom of the fuselage... I'd think about halfway up the tail, perhaps. I also take into account the colors (light vs. dark), textures, and importance/prominence of various things in the entirety of my photo... but it's an intuitive process for me. You'll develop your own system and an eye for what the screeners here are looking for over time.

Acey

Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 am

There is no line, it just depends on who is screening and how they feel on a given day. Look at the top picture of Louisiana One right now, how is that not low in frame?

airkas1

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am

It's not super bad Steve and perhaps even a bit harsh. However, upon looking at the photo again, I can kinda agree with the screener and in this case I would center the windowline.

bombayduck
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Thanks Kaz I will re-edit and submit the image again.

Steve

len90

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I'd overall call that a harsh centering rejection. It's one of those that comes down to a few pixels which should really be accepted. I agree with the comment on LA one. That was severely off and makes you wonder if something like that is allowed in, why does an image like this get rejected.

Blurto

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:07 pm

I think it is a little high. My best advice is to look at a thumbnail view. you can see it straight away.