vcruvinel
Support

Re: Looking for some feedback

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 am

lightningzap wrote:

Hi!

1- Low in Frame and I also see some jaggies
2- Blurry and Dark
3- Motive: Cut Off. See the right winglet is cut off from the in the frame; Also the aircraft is not centered. Blurry too.
4- Blurry, Soft, Aircraft not centered, too much dead space in the left.

Hope my comments can help.

Best Regards,

Vinicius

airkas1

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm

1: Needs a tigher crop and I see some halos around the aircraft. Also better in a smaller size, such as 1400px wide. Centering is OK for me
2: Blurry, overexposed, distance. I'd let this one go.
3: Blurry, motive for the right wing, needs a tighter crop on the nose, square size not allowed. I'd let this one go as well.
4: Needs a tighter crop, wrong size (I think), blurry.

lightningzap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm

airkas1 wrote:
1: Needs a tigher crop and I see some halos around the aircraft. Also better in a smaller size, such as 1400px wide. Centering is OK for me
3: Blurry, motive for the right wing, needs a tighter crop on the nose, square size not allowed. I'd let this one go as well.

What should I do for the bluriness, the strange crops are mostly due to me looking for feedback on the photos on general and not for matching the cropping requirements for here. I also usually try to put headroom in the direction the plane isn't moving. Not sure if this is good in general for composition.

vcruvinel
Support

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 pm

lightningzap wrote:
airkas1 wrote:

What should I do for the bluriness, the strange crops are mostly due to me looking for feedback on the photos on general and not for matching the cropping requirements for here. I also usually try to put headroom in the direction the plane isn't moving. Not sure if this is good in general for composition.

Hey.

Blurry is not fixable. It's almost occurs because of your camera settings (low shutter speed maybe) or the way take your shots. Whats the EXIF from any of those photos for example? With this we can see if can be the settings.

lightningzap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm

vcruvinel wrote:
lightningzap wrote:
airkas1 wrote:

Hey.

Blurry is not fixable. It's almost occurs because of your camera settings (low shutter speed maybe) or the way take your shots. Whats the EXIF from any of those photos for example? With this we can see if can be the settings.

If you click the Flickr link, it has all the exif below the image.

airkas1

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm

lightningzap wrote:
the strange crops are mostly due to me looking for feedback on the photos on general and not for matching the cropping requirements for here.

Ah, then it's handy to say that you're aware that the crops aren't for A.net. That way, we can ignore that aspect and only look at the quality.

lightningzap wrote:
I also usually try to put headroom in the direction the plane isn't moving. Not sure if this is good in general for composition.

That's fine. you're free to compose the image however you want. But for A.net, such crops aren't accepted.

The EXIf doesn't really show settings that easily lead to blurry photos, so I'm not sure. Could be the haze in the air, could be small trembling in your hands, could be anything. I would suggest to try another time and really focus on tracking the aircraft through the lens, match the speed and then take the photo.

lightningzap
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm

airkas1 wrote:
lightningzap wrote:
the strange crops are mostly due to me looking for feedback on the photos on general and not for matching the cropping requirements for here.

Ah, then it's handy to say that you're aware that the crops aren't for A.net. That way, we can ignore that aspect and only look at the quality.

lightningzap wrote:
I also usually try to put headroom in the direction the plane isn't moving. Not sure if this is good in general for composition.

That's fine. you're free to compose the image however you want. But for A.net, such crops aren't accepted.

The EXIf doesn't really show settings that easily lead to blurry photos, so I'm not sure. Could be the haze in the air, could be small trembling in your hands, could be anything. I would suggest to try another time and really focus on tracking the aircraft through the lens, match the speed and then take the photo.

The 737s you say are blurry have been significantly cropped. These are some other ones taken at same time but not cropped a lot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155007752 ... /datetaken

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155007752 ... datetaken/

vcruvinel
Support

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

lightningzap wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
lightningzap wrote:

lightningzap wrote:

The 737s you say are blurry have been significantly cropped. These are some other ones taken at same time but not cropped a lot.

1- Nice, but need a tighter crop
2- Heat Haze (wheels and engine the most) - not fixable
3- soft and I think A.net do now allow this kind of frame. Also the main subject is not centered and have too much space in the sides. Try to use 4:3, 16:9 or something like this.

Best,

Vinicius

lightningzap
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 pm

vcruvinel wrote:
lightningzap wrote:
airkas1 wrote:

1- Nice, but need a tighter crop
2- Heat Haze (wheels and engine the most) - not fixable
3- soft and I think A.net do now allow this kind of frame. Also the main subject is not centered and have too much space in the sides. Try to use 4:3, 16:9 or something like this.

Best,

Vinicius

Can't figure out what is causing this softness. The crop I used is 21:9 but it should be fine since I don't care about A.net's cropping requirements. Is it my IS mode?