Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Waelalqutub
Topic Author

Decreativize By Screener for Creative Screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi everyone, I have two photos recently uploaded as Creative Screening,
But both got Decreativize what does this mean exactly ?
I have taken the two shots during the night on a misty morning with condensation as seen in the pictures below,
i have read that creative screening only permits pictures that haven't been taken without tripod etc in which in my case i haven't used one, also it says that the picture is shot under low light condition in which mine was taken in the dark during the morning, it also says weather conditions caused by rain or snow but mine,mine was a foggy and misty night ,it also mention's that pictures taken with High ISO in my case the pictures was taken using 1/125 F1.6 ISO 6400,

am i wrong in saying Decreativize means its been dropped from creative screening to standard screening ? but im still confused why it would be dropped since my photos met the criteria for creative shot,
I've had one picture accepted before using the same method with the same settings on my camera and also it was a clear dark night,
bit confused so i thought maybe someone could point me into the right direction,
Many Thanks.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone

Wael.

bombayduck

Re: Decreativize By Screener for Creative Screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:45 pm

You are correct in saying that it means they have been dropped to the normal screening queue.

Steve

Miguel1982

Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi Wael,

You are absolutely right. Decreativize means just that the shot was moved from the creative queue to the regular queue. No more, no less.

As for what is creative, I would say it's a very grey area, and the description given on the upload page is not really clear nor up to date. Both of your shots are technically (very) difficult, no doubt about that, but I am not sure whether they can be categorized as creative. There have been long discussions in this forum (or in the Aviation Photography forum maybe) about this topic, if you are interested they are worth a read.

All the best,
Miguel

Waelalqutub
Topic Author

Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:56 pm

bombayduck wrote:
You are correct in saying that it means they have been dropped to the normal screening queue.

Steve
Hi Steve Thanks for that much appreciated

Waelalqutub
Topic Author

Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Miguel1982 wrote:
Hi Wael,

You are absolutely right. Decreativize means just that the shot was moved from the creative queue to the regular queue. No more, no less.

As for what is creative, I would say it's a very grey area, and the description given on the upload page is not really clear nor up to date. Both of your shots are technically (very) difficult, no doubt about that, but I am not sure whether they can be categorized as creative. There have been long discussions in this forum (or in the Aviation Photography forum maybe) about this topic, if you are interested they are worth a read.

All the best,
Miguel

Hi Miguel,
Thanks for pointing this out very helpful, i guess in the future i will just upload it as a standard upload 8-)
Cheers.

airkas1

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi Wael,

That was my doing. The previous posters have explained/confirmed your thoughts already, but I wanted to respond anyway. While it's very true that these kind of images require out-of-the-box thinking and a different set of skills, patience and luck, there is 'nothing' creative about the process if you break it down. They're the same kind of photos you can take, but at night. For creative photos, the composition plays a much bigger role in my opinion. The info tab on the upload form has been in need of an update for a while now, but we/I still haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully it can be done soon.

For what it's worth, that type of photo is a #1 bucketlist item for me in terms of aviation photography and you nailed it. Very jealous! I hope it gets added, it really deserves to be seen!

Waelalqutub
Topic Author

Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:19 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Hi Wael,

That was my doing. The previous posters have explained/confirmed your thoughts already, but I wanted to respond anyway. While it's very true that these kind of images require out-of-the-box thinking and a different set of skills, patience and luck, there is 'nothing' creative about the process if you break it down. They're the same kind of photos you can take, but at night. For creative photos, the composition plays a much bigger role in my opinion. The info tab on the upload form has been in need of an update for a while now, but we/I still haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully it can be done soon.

For what it's worth, that type of photo is a #1 bucketlist item for me in terms of aviation photography and you nailed it. Very jealous! I hope it gets added, it really deserves to be seen!

Hi airkas1,
Thank you so much for your feedback :) i appreciate that, and as to the photo you mentioned #1 not sure if your talking about the Japan air 787 or the Air Canada 787, unfortunately i have just had a reject for the Japan for the following,

SCREENER DECISION:
Rejected
BlurryPersonal MessageQualitySoft

Screener Comments:
very low quality,

do you think its worth to appeal it ? hence it was taken during the morning before sunrise and it being misty which explains
the qualty etc

Many Thanks once again

Wael

airkas1

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't appeal it. The front half is quite blurry (despite the tricky conditions).

Waelalqutub
Topic Author

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:15 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't appeal it. The front half is quite blurry (despite the tricky conditions).

Ok Many thanks :)