Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GregB145
Topic Author

Post screening question

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi,

I have just had the following image rejected:

https://www.airliners.net/user/photo-corner/photo/4577945

The reason given was that it was for "Info" and the screeners comment was that it was an "invalid builder". I'm more than a little confused as the information was provided from the A-net database after entering the registration and airport and then clicking on the options provided, nothing was edited or added by me and the builder field was as per the A-net provided info. It was manufactured by Airbus and built from those components by Airbus, so what am I missing?

Thanks

Greg

HarryLi
Screener

Re: Post screening question

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

The link that you posted here links us to the" Photo Corner ".
And regarding to your confusion, i and some other photographers have met before , but you should know that the Auto Information was created by other photographers who upload it before and maybe they filled the " Builder" Option carelessly or accidentally which means that you can't trust the information perfectly. I suggest you to have a check after selecting the " Auto Information ". If the auto information shows the " Builder " option was filled , you should delete it by yourself and then upload. So to this case, i advise you to the upload page and fill the REG and airport again and see if the Builder is filled. :D
Cheers,
Harry

airkas1

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 pm

The autocorrect feature is not always 100% correct. That's why everyone should always double-check the info.

The builder field is ONLY for license-built aircraft. Since no-one builds Airbii on a license, this field should remain empty. It's all in the help texts on the upload page. Please have a look.

GregB145
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:47 pm

That makes sense. Thanks Gents, much appreciated.