Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mmoreira
Topic Author

Beginner in need of advices. What are your thoughts?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Last edited by mmoreira on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jelpee

Re: Beginner in need of advices. What are your thoughts?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:28 pm

When I click on the links, it takes me to my own photo queue. Can you post the links from an externally hosted website?

Jehan

mmoreira
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm

k
Last edited by mmoreira on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mmoreira
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 pm

jelpee wrote:
When I click on the links, it takes me to my own photo queue. Can you post the links from an externally hosted website?

Jehan

I think I worked that out now. I Also added a few shots from Flickr.

jelpee

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Welcome to the world of aviation photography! You've come to the right place for feedback and tips to improve. Here's my feedback

TAAG: Is low in the frame; soft and blurry nose at the full size. Recommend uploading at 1024 pixels or 1200 pixels. There is a yellow cast but may be OK due to taime of day. The glare in the front is a bit distracting, but again, passable for me. If you recenter the image, resize the image to 1200 pixels and add some sharpening, this image should be OK.
GOL 737 (PR-GEH) : Tought lighting. The front of the aircraft is overexposed while the rear is underexposed. Again, limit upload size to 1200 pixels since the quality is insufficient for a larger size.
GOL 737 (PR-GTB): Underexposed; colors are oversaturated; sky is noisy.Even at this small size, the quality is marginal. Not recoverable IMO.
AF 773: Underexposed (almost backlit). The fence is obstructing the landing gear; also horizontal stabilizer is clipped on the left side of the frame. Yellow color cast. Noisy sky. Not recoverable IMO.
Chopper: Underexposed; looking at the full sized image, it is blurry and noisy. Purple fringing is also visible. Also needs a tighter crop. Not recoverable IMO.

If your starting out in this hobby, try to compose images with the sun to your back, avoid times around noon (lighting is very harsh) and avoid zooming in too far unless you have very good lenses. As I mentioned, target image size to be 1200 pixels.

Cheers,

Jehan

mmoreira
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 pm

jelpee wrote:
Welcome to the world of aviation photography! You've come to the right place for feedback and tips to improve. Here's my feedback

TAAG: Is low in the frame; soft and blurry nose at the full size. Recommend uploading at 1024 pixels or 1200 pixels. There is a yellow cast but may be OK due to taime of day. The glare in the front is a bit distracting, but again, passable for me. If you recenter the image, resize the image to 1200 pixels and add some sharpening, this image should be OK.
GOL 737 (PR-GEH) : Tought lighting. The front of the aircraft is overexposed while the rear is underexposed. Again, limit upload size to 1200 pixels since the quality is insufficient for a larger size.
GOL 737 (PR-GTB): Underexposed; colors are oversaturated; sky is noisy.Even at this small size, the quality is marginal. Not recoverable IMO.
AF 773: Underexposed (almost backlit). The fence is obstructing the landing gear; also horizontal stabilizer is clipped on the left side of the frame. Yellow color cast. Noisy sky. Not recoverable IMO.
Chopper: Underexposed; looking at the full sized image, it is blurry and noisy. Purple fringing is also visible. Also needs a tighter crop. Not recoverable IMO.

If your starting out in this hobby, try to compose images with the sun to your back, avoid times around noon (lighting is very harsh) and avoid zooming in too far unless you have very good lenses. As I mentioned, target image size to be 1200 pixels.

Cheers,

Jehan

Thank you for the advices!! I'll work on those tips.

Have ou been able to acess the other pictures? I also have two 777's shots, one from Alitalia and one from Emirates on the post.

jelpee

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:12 am

The Emirates 777 has similar issues as the AF 777.
The Alitalia 777:Not the best of lighting, but I think this image can be edited to make it acceptable. For starters, try resizing it to 1024 pixels, center the aircraft (currently looks la little low in the frame), add some contrast and some sharpening. The image also looks like it could use a little counter clockwise (CCW) rotation.

Hope this helps!

Jehan