Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ajaaron
Topic Author

Your thoughts

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 am

Gentlemen, (and ladies)? - would be grateful for your thoughts on this one for acceptance into the database. Still new at this...

This is one of, if not the best quality shot I've managed to capture with my camera (Canon 1200D), especially when photo enlarged.

Thanks in advance.

jelpee

Re: Your thoughts

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:51 pm

At the full size of this image, it looks blurry (cockpit windows) and soft (titles) and would most likely not pass screening to be accepted. I think however that if you were to reduce the image size to 1024 (or perhaps 1200) pixels and add a pass of sharpening (aircraft only), it would work. Large sized images (1600 pixels +) need to be of exceptional quality or else flaws get magnified along with the image size.

Jehan

JakTrax

Re: Your thoughts

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm

I'd disagree with Jehan about blur, but only because it's practically impossible to gauge whether or not an image is actually blurry at such a small size (yes, even at this size it's still small!). To me, the 'R' on the nose-gear door is about the only part that looks remotely blurry; I do, however, agree with his statements re softness (most noticeable to me on the 'Hong Kong Asia's World City' titles). I'd also agree that a smaller size would eliminate any current doubt.