2017-07-04 07:42 AM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

Soft
High in Frame
Underexposed

2017-07-04 11:50 AM : Appealed by photographer ricox
Photographer Comment:
Very very sad after this rej, take a look on lasts accepted on mxp ... bleah .. and you rej this ... here someone is became crazy
2017-07-04 01:46 PM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

Personal Message
Soft
High in Frame
Low Contrast
Underexposed

your personal message is:
"Please maintain respectful communications, or an upload suspension will be applied."

ok, feel free to suspend me or delete completely my profile and my pics, if this is the new way to work this is no more my place.
I signaled a lot of time your screening process problems, especially to add every time different motivation to don't accept a pic, now I saw in MXP recent uploads a lot of pics absolutely low low quality and with a lot of problem light, soft, blurry etc etc... sometimes also some of my pic was accepted and it had to be rej example:

This is the evidence that your screeners have an evaluation meters too much different!
Honestly I think that you have lost a lot since you had changed the site also in professionalism.
And remember: Before you ask respect from me... give your respect to me!
And sign your message with your name.
Federico!

Miguel1982

Re: Question of respect!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:31 am

Might be cultural differences, but calling people crazy doesn't seem that respectful to me. Also the photographers of those "last shots accepted from MXP" will be very pleased.

Anyway, and back to the original Easyjet shot. Have you tried modifying it according to the rejections given? Just as an exercise, then you can decide whether it looks better or worse than this version.

Cheers,

Miguel.

airkas1

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 am

Miguel1982 wrote:
Might be cultural differences, but calling people crazy doesn't seem that respectful to me.

^ This.

ricox wrote:
sometimes also some of my pic was accepted and it had to be rej example

I agree that photo is soft and hazed. And why would you upload a photo that you think should be rejected :confused:

---
With marginal photos, you get these differences in opinion a lot faster. That's how you get inconsistent screening results. If the photo is borderline, for some people it's just within tolerable range, for some it's not. The closer to the line, the more inconsistent it will get. We're not robots that can judge every photo exactly the same way, even though we try.

I've made an edit of your photo, with the rejection reasons in mind. The contrast isn't that bad in my opinion and neither is the centering (but ideally it could be placed a little lower). It looks much better when adding more brightness (as illustrated). I also added 2 passes of sharpening (smart sharpen, values 30%, 0.3, Gaussian Blur, More Accurate (this is per pass)). When sharpening, deselect the sky to avoid a noisy sky. For brightening, I used +0.2 on the middle slider and +15 on the left slider. I would advise working on a new edit and not take the current edit as basis, because this will just reduce the quality even more.

My edit on the right side:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 am

airkas1 wrote:
Miguel1982 wrote:
Might be cultural differences, but calling people crazy doesn't seem that respectful to me.

^ This.

ricox wrote:
sometimes also some of my pic was accepted and it had to be rej example

I agree that photo is soft and hazed. And why would you upload a photo that you think should be rejected :confused:

---

I really don't get neither why someone would upload a shot where he thinks it should get rejected neither? You have always the option of not uploading certain shots?!

And please don't forget that some wronlgy accepted shots doesn't make others right. To say some questionable shots made it thererfore mine should be accepted too isn't a reason at all. With that reasoning we would loose all kind of quality on here, no one should really want that.
Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but as Miguel and Kas pointed out calling someone crazy and talking about a sad issue is disrespectful
I would be more careful with my words.

Take care

alevik

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

ricox wrote:
And sign your message with your name.

No problem - I sent that message.

Everyone should be treated with respect, there is no need to make such statements in an appeal. Stating your reasons for appealing should suffice.

Best regards,
Pete

kann123air

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:12 pm

To be quite honest, I lost a lot of respect for you when I read your message to the head screener.

ricox wrote:
And remember: Before you ask respect from me... give your respect to me!

I bet the HS felt this way.

Amrit

HarryLi
Screener

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:58 am

Hello, Federico
To be honest , it is not necessary to say this when you appeal a photo. Saying the reasons is enough i think. Even you write things like this Head screeners would not accept it as it indeed has some issues.

I saw in MXP recent uploads a lot of pics absolutely low low quality and with a lot of problem light, soft, blurry etc etc... sometimes also some of my pic was accepted and it had to be rej example:

Regarding to this , i have to say different screener has different standard in screening. They can not have 100% same standard or it is very hard for them to do it. For example, i used to showing some photos in the Forum before i upload them to ask for opinions from other photographers and some Screener and Head Screener will come and give their opinions there. Then i will see some of them give me more reasons to reject and some give less reasons. Well, it depends on screeners.
And some photos that have already accepted to the Database it doesn't mean that they are perfect or no problems with them. Nothing is perfect i have to say so maybe in your standard their photos have some issues should be rejected but in screener's perspective they think it is ok for them to accept.

I signaled a lot of time your screening process problems, especially to add every time different motivation to don't accept a pic

Well , everyone here or every photographers who upload their photos to A.net also spent a lot time to process the problems or issues that they get from the screeners and we are keep fixing them instead of blaming them if i can't fix it anymore or it has been rejected for many times i will consider that it is time to let it go. AND you should undestand that SC and HS also spend lots of time screening our photos and give us explaination and reasosns.Everyone has the same process . Even the screener and HS they have the experience i think. Also i think some of them will get rejected photos now even they are SC or HS now. :roll:

I had the same situation to u before. I had uploaded a VS B744 to A.net for many times (More than 6 times) and they rejected me for 6 times , and each time with different reasons some of them get 3 reasons and some of them get 5 reasons. Well, i was getting crazy at that time :| . And then i appeal one of them and typed a lot of words to explain the photos and my feelings to the sceener. After appealing , i got the reply isn't accept but Rejected :crying: and also with his personal message and is a long articles there. The HS told me that everyone has this experience and nobody can avoid it . Also said that practise more after rejecting and keep revising them will make them easy. :) I think it is reasonable sentence.

Regarding to the photo that you said ,
It is indeed underexposed. IF u don't believe your eyes you can use Histogram to see the exposure. It shows me that it lacks exposure you can check it by yourself.
Also it lacks a bit of contrast not so bad just give a little would be enough.The wings seesm to be a little bit soft i think.

Hope it can help you.

Cheers,
Harry