Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ricox
Topic Author

Its happened again .. and it's not good

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:03 am

This is the story of one of my pic rej ...

2017-05-23 10:47 AM : Uploaded by photographer ricox
2017-06-03 08:10 AM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

CW Rotation

2017-06-03 08:55 AM : Appealed by photographer ricox
Photographer Comment:
Checking and re checking seems levelled.
2017-06-03 09:25 AM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

Dirty
Personal Message

2017-06-04 01:04 AM : Uploaded by photographer ricox
Photographer Comment:
fixed as req after appeal
2017-06-14 08:27 PM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

Oversharpened

2017-06-14 10:29 PM : Appealed by photographer ricox
Photographer Comment:
This pic was rej for levelling on 3rd june, appeal result good in levelling but dirty with indication on what to be cleaned from head. Now is oversharp??? sorry I dont' want to belive that every one see something wrong different froam another ... Thanks
2017-06-14 10:32 PM : Edited by photographer ricox
2017-06-15 04:32 PM : Screened
Screener Decision:
Rejected

Blurry
Oversharpened
Personal Message
Quality

let me know why I have to lost my time fixing issue when, at the end arrive another screener and find out something new??
this behavieur is not correct ... I colud understand one evident issue not noticed by the first screener .. but not this ... NOT!

Re: Its happened again .. and it's not good

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm

The shot is oversharpened, but yes that should have been mentioned before, I can understand your anger.

I can't tell why it is suddenly judged to be blurry and have quality problems as well. I would say with some less sharpening it would be fine. Be generally careful when sharpening as the Air China livery is one of the worst for that, will easily show jaggies.

That's all I can say

Ciao,
Julien

Miguel1982

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 am

Just a personal guess, but might it be that the Screeners first check for the obvious flaws (centering, leveling, dirt spots), and then, if all that is ok, go into contrast, exposure, sharpness and so on? That would explain having a rejection for Leveling, and then once that's fixed, having it rejected again for Oversharpening.

Can't comment on the Blurry and Quality aspects, though.

ricox
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 am

Miguel1982 wrote:
Just a personal guess, but might it be that the Screeners first check for the obvious flaws (centering, leveling, dirt spots), and then, if all that is ok, go into contrast, exposure, sharpness and so on? That would explain having a rejection for Leveling, and then once that's fixed, having it rejected again for Oversharpening.

Can't comment on the Blurry and Quality aspects, though.

No.
1 - I have hundred of pic rej for a lot of issue at first time.
2 - Levelling was not fixed, as you can read, it was a false issue.
3 - The appeal is processed by an head, it took a lot of time, he suppose to be a very expert screener and he add a personal message explining the issue in.
Fixing this only signaled issue its serious to accept the photo if the fixing is good.

As I signaled a lot of times, seems that the same photo could be accepted from one screener and rejected from another, and this could be normal if there are minimal issue, absolutely unacceptable when we speak about macro issue, during last days I saw some accepted photo very embarassing for the quality and macro issue ...
Bha ..

airkas1

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:02 pm

I agree with the appeal result. It's oversharpened to compensate blurry. Apologies that it wasn't caught the first time(s).

Miguel1982 wrote:

We try to be as thorough as we can, precisely to avoid things situations like these. Unfortunately it's not always foolproof and I don't like it either when it happens. I can understand the frustration very well.