A388
Topic Author

Daylight and Night Photos: Double?

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello screeners,

I was wondering if two photos of the same aircraft taken on the same day during daylight and night will be rejected for being double. The reason why I ask is that we will be getting an Avior Airlines A340 here today arriving at around 18:20LT when there's still light and it will depart at 20:00LT when it's obviously dark. To me these are separate photos because of the time of the day (light vs. dark). Can I upload both the daylight and night photos without them being rejected as double photos?

A388

airkas1
Crew

Re: Daylight and Night Photos: Double?

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm

There isn't a real consensus about that. For me personally, I would be OK with a day and night photo, but I don't know if others will be. But if you have airside access, you can choose different sides for each photo? In terms of uploading, I suggest you upload your favorite photo of the 2 first, that way you'll at least have that one in the databse if the second one does get rejected.

In any case, happy hunting!
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

A388
Topic Author

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hey airkas1 how are you doing, thanks for your feedback as always and thanks for your comments on my KLM 744 head-on shot :D

My favorite photos in this case would be all the photos as we will most likely never going to see this A340 in CUR any more. The Avior Airlines A340-300 is a very rare bird, there's only one photo of it in the database. I do have air side access so I can try to get different backgrounds which might help. I hope they will pass :)

A388

A388
Topic Author

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hey Airkas1 I ended up only taking the day light photos because the aircraft arrived one hour earlier after which I went home. I later understood the aircraft left until after 21:30. I took photos from the Mahuma location which is the best location but a bit isolated. In the current skyliner aviation magazine from Germany there's an article about aircraft spotting which uses my photos. Check it out if you get a chance. Let me know when you will be here again for some spotting and vacation.

Cheers,

A388

airkas1
Crew

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Hey Roger,

At least that solves the double dilemma :) Hope you got some good pics, I look forward to seeing them!
Will definitily give you a poke when I find myself in your neck of the woods again.
Enjoy your weekend!

Kas
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

A388
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Hey airkas1, unfortunately both my photos have been rejected for being oversharpened if I remember correctly. I don't agree with it but the screeners apparently did.

A388