HarryLi
Topic Author

How could it be accepted ? Most Info are wrong!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:55 am

Hello everyone,
When i looked Guangzhou Page today i saw one photo which should be Shanghai Airlines but the photographer filled in wrong information all information are wrong except for the airport Info. I think it should be rejected by "Info" . :confused:

But i have helped him to correct Info .

Best wishes
Junjie LI
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : http://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D

trevisan26

Re: How could it be accepted ? Most Info are wrong!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:52 pm

You'll see many photos that you'll think should be rejected for X reason, no need to create a thread about everyone. In case its info, just correct as you have done this time, other way just scroll to the next picture. ;)

Regards

HarryLi
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:11 pm

trevisan26 wrote:
You'll see many photos that you'll think should be rejected for X reason, no need to create a thread about everyone. In case its info, just correct as you have done this time, other way just scroll to the next picture. ;)

Regards

oK, I CAN understand that . :lol:
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : http://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D

jelpee
Screener

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Sometimes screener's miss items (human error). Typically if info is incorrect and we have the ability to correct it, we will make the edit and accept the image. However, there are some fields that screeners cannot edit in which case we reject. The a.net database editors also will correct information as they catch them. If you find errors, please let the photographer know and they can edit the information. Or you can let a.net know and we might be able to fix it. There have been some instances where the data has gotten cross referenced (systems issue) but typically they are corrected. I can't tell for sure if the example you referenced above was a screener oversight or a systems glitch.

Thanks for reaching out to the photographer and letting him know. I have had images accepted with incorrect information. However as soon as I find out, I correct it--don't want it to make me look like I was careless. :)!

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

airkas1
Head Screener

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks for submitting the correction!