HarryLi
Topic Author

Wish can get some advice of this photo

Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:59 am

Hi,everyone
I got a special C-130 last month and i want to upload it to the website.Hope you guys can give me some advice of it. ;)

Thank you for your valuable time.
Best wishes.
Harry Lee
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : http://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D

HarryLi
Topic Author

Re: Wish can get some advice of this photo

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:27 am

Here is another one.
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : http://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D

airkas1
Head Screener

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:18 am

Uploading both would result in a double rejection, so I'd go with the first one (I like that one better). It needs some CCW and it's a bit oversharpened (perhaps due to heat haze). Other than that it looks alright.

vikkyvik

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:09 am

airkas1 wrote:
Uploading both would result in a double rejection, so I'd go with the first one (I like that one better). It needs some CCW and it's a bit oversharpened (perhaps due to heat haze).

Looks quite high in frame to me, and a bit green/yellow to my eye too, but maybe OK. Also, based on verticals in the background, it almost needs CW, so I'd say it's OK as far as balancing those versus how the aircraft looks.

But I'm not a headscreener. :boxedin:

Also, is that a resized and edited shot? Or are we looking at a full-size shot that's being resized by a.net? The oversharpening almost looks like compression due to web resizing.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

airkas1
Head Screener

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Humm yes, a bit high in frame :embarrassed2:

vikkyvik wrote:
Also, is that a resized and edited shot? Or are we looking at a full-size shot that's being resized by a.net? The oversharpening almost looks like compression due to web resizing.

I was wondering about that as well. But I took the URL and pasted it in a new tab and the photo had the same dimensions. So assumed this is the 'final' edit.

HarryLi
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 am

airkas1 wrote:
Uploading both would result in a double rejection, so I'd go with the first one (I like that one better). It needs some CCW and it's a bit oversharpened (perhaps due to heat haze). Other than that it looks alright.

Ok thank you for your valuable advice. Actually is it very bad for the heat haze? Or should I say is it acceptable. Because most of the photo here are have a little heat haze. But I try my best to fix it. Is it acceptable ?

HarryLi
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:14 am

airkas1 wrote:

Uh…what do you think about the second one ?