Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alhenderson
Topic Author

Rejected for motive?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 am

Morning All,

Just had my latest rejection :-( I like this picture and thought it stood a decent chance, but it was rejected for 'soft' and 'motive'. I don't understand what is meant by motive. Well, I thought it referred to the screener kind of saying 'what were you trying to achieve with that picture'. Can't quite see how this one falls into that category, it's a fairly normal static shot. And if anyone could advise where it's soft I'd be interested..

Thanks for any thoughts..

Al.

JakTrax

Re: Rejected for motive?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 pm

The nose of something else clipping the starboard wing I'd say. The green box partially blocking the port MLG won't help either.

alhenderson
Topic Author

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:04 pm

JakTrax wrote:
The nose of something else clipping the starboard wing I'd say. The green box partially blocking the port MLG won't help either.

I didn't even notice the green box until you mentioned it! Id have thought ground equipment was all part and parcel of taking pictures of planes. Presumably if I cropped to get rid of the nose of the other F-16 I'd get rejected for not having the whole plane in shot?

jelpee

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 am

As long as the starboard wing remains clipped, it will get a motive rejection. As for minor blockage of the main landing gear, that may be passable. This image IMO could also use some sharpening and some added contrast.

Jehan

alhenderson
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 am

jelpee wrote:
As long as the starboard wing remains clipped, it will get a motive rejection. As for minor blockage of the main landing gear, that may be passable. This image IMO could also use some sharpening and some added contrast.

Jehan

Thanks for the info, I won't waste any more time with this one.

Al.

HarryLi
Screener

Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 pm

I have to say this is a good photo for you to collect but if you pay attention to the wing ...you will find that another plane has covered its wing.So..maybe u should change another photo~