jelpee
Crew

Re: pre-post screening spompert

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 am

Definitely has a pink cast, but passable for me for late day lighting. If you don't already do so, it helps to include a comment to the screeners about color casts due to early or late day lighting. Sometimes one can tell due to angle of the shadows, but on this one, it's not so obvious. As I said, the image is passable for me...you could try an appeal on this one.

Cheers,

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

spompert
Topic Author

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Good feedback Jehan, it was accepted after appeal. Thanks.

jelpee
Crew

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am

Yes, I see that it was added on appeal. Glad it worked out!

Jehan.

spompert
Topic Author

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

Hi, this one was rejected for too much contrast and oversharpened. I agree contrast is a bit high but it gives an impression of the light at that time of the day. Should I indeed lower the contrast (because I had a similar photo lately rejected for low contrast). And which parts are oversharpened?

JKPhotos

Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Stefan,
oversharpening seems pretty minor to me, visible on the smaller titles but otherwise I struggle to see it.
But for my personal liking the shot is way too contrasty, so I agree with the rejection. It is very "black" as it is if you see what I mean, would look better with less contrast, surely lightening the midtones would help.
Generally the angle is problematic with the sun coming from the back, something side-on or more form the back would be more suited for this light.

Julien

spompert
Topic Author

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks Julien,

I think you are right and I should improve the image. I`ll re-upload it.

spompert
Topic Author

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello guys, I now improved the image by reducing the contrast. But now it`s rejected for red color cast and soft front. I appreciate the personal comment from the screener but it sounds a bit strange that now it`s suddenly soft. And the red color cast is due to the low light/end of the day if you ask me. Is it worth to try an appeal or should I fix it? If you click on the photo below you can see it real size.

HarryLi

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:12 pm

spompert wrote:
Hello guys, I now improved the image by reducing the contrast. But now it`s rejected for red color cast and soft front. I appreciate the personal comment from the screener but it sounds a bit strange that now it`s suddenly soft. And the red color cast is due to the low light/end of the day if you ask me. Is it worth to try an appeal or should I fix it? If you click on the photo below you can see it real size.

Hello,I looked your photo just now and i don't consider that it is soft i think the sharpen is ok for me ...and also should be passable..but i am not sure the color problem.If it was taken under the low light situation i think it could be passable....but i am not Screener so i don't know their standard and i haven't uploaded the low light photos yet so not sure it . :?
Cheers,
Junjie LEE
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : http://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D

jelpee
Crew

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Stefan,

Due to the angle of the light, this image has an underexposed appearance to it especially with the nose and cockpit windows in the shadows. Sharpness seems OK on the full sized image. The image has a yellow cast to it but that is acceptable for me given the time of day. The image could use some CW rotation though: The light pole on the left as well as the tower on the right appear to be leaning to the left.

Jehan