Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

American_4275
Topic Author

Where To Take Good Pics At Bos?

Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:46 pm

Hey everyone.
Can someone tell me a nice place to take pictures at Logan International Airport in Boston? If you do, please let me know, and the approximate location. Thanks.

American_4275

tappan

RE: Where To Take Good Pics At Bos?

Mon Jan 17, 2000 12:42 am

Hello, please look at my 60 ish photos from logan while searching my name Mark Garfinkel and press (show me the photos). I have been spotting at Logan for many years, and have merged that with my career (photojournalist).
Logan is a good shooters (spotters) airport...Terminal B roof is a good all purpose spot...and when they use 22 right for departure it is a very good spot..Winthrop MA. "Point Shirley" section is good for arrivals on R-27 (but respect the neighborhood by keeping the noise down etc)
South Boston is also good...and when arrivals are using 15 right, Neptune st. in East Boston...Gotta go..good luck!

Mon Jan 17, 2000 10:36 am

Tappan mentioned most of the spotting/pic places at BOS, but I have a few more. BOS is my home airport and I go there at least 2x / month. (Mark - your pics are excellent - tell me how you took them and your equip.) The south cargo road leads to the airport fire station, next to which are the taxiways. Planes as large as 757 go by, and the rest of the airport can be seen from there too (well, a good part of it). It is across from Terminal B. At the end of terminal C (and other terminals, for that matter), through security, you can see the active taxiways and runways. Also, you can see some cargo planes along the North Cargo road. Visit my webpage and go to NE airports for a complete listing.

tappan

Mon Jan 17, 2000 11:43 pm

The Gentleman from Boston "AirplaneKid2 is correct redarding the other spots I missed telling you about....also AirplaneKid2 Thanks for the nice words regarding my pix....I use a Long lens (sometimes 6oomm or more) although my latest postings (Russian Jet Antonov and "Foggy Vortex" were not shot with a huge long lens...) but Bos is a cool place to view and to photo...
Mark G