Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Ter 5
Topic Author

Photo At MIA

Wed Dec 15, 1999 2:43 am

On Dec 23rd I will be traving to MIA for a 2 hour layover. Iam Using United Airlines. I will arrreive at 2:15 P.M.. Where are some good spots to see planes either land, takeoff, or taxi, and are they good photo spots in the United Terminal? Thanks!

RE: Photo At MIA

Wed Feb 02, 2000 4:05 am

Only 2 hrs, what a waste ! I know there is somewhere in the middle of the departure level an elevator to the airport hotel. They have a pool outside and is really only for hotelguests but if you are not in the way, they don't mind people watching planes. You have a great view to most directions. At least that is how it was a couple of years ago...
Ruud

RE: Photo At MIA

Wed Feb 02, 2000 12:27 pm

2 hours is definitely not enough time. There are plenty of windows in the terminals from what I remember during my 45 minute layover two years ago. However, I just took a trip to MIA just to take photos. If you drive around the perimeter and cargo roads, eventually you will find holes in the fences that are specifically cut for photographers... If you have time, search the database for pics by "Joe Fernandez" Most of his shots are taken through these holes. Once Kodak sends me my slides back, I'll upload some as well

Rob
http://fly.to/robtech