Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rturner
Topic Author

TC-JMM and HL7792

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:13 am

Has anyone spotted these birds lately? They have seemed to dropped off the face of the earth since they ran into each other at Atatürk

Re: TC-JMM and HL7792

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:52 am

rturner wrote:
Has anyone spotted these birds lately? They have seemed to dropped off the face of the earth since they ran into each other at Atatürk

Are you serious?
You know that both planes were severly damaged and have to be repaired, which takes its time?!

The damage on the 321 could be a reason to be written off (though that is speculation).

rturner
Topic Author

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:44 pm

JKPhotos wrote:
rturner wrote:

Are you serious?
You know that both planes were severly damaged and have to be repaired, which takes its time?!

The damage on the 321 could be a reason to be written off (though that is speculation).

Yes, It happened around a month or so ago. Haven't heard about it, and was wondering if there was anything about them. I dont think the a321 will be a write off. It is only 12 Years old.

scbriml

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:35 am

rturner wrote:

I was at IST over the w/e and the Asiana A330 is still in the Turkish Technic area. My SBS box actually picked it up several times, so maybe it's close to returning to service?

Block40Osan

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:37 pm

scbriml wrote:
rturner wrote:

I was at IST over the w/e and the Asiana A330 is still in the Turkish Technic area. My SBS box actually picked it up several times, so maybe it's close to returning to service?

HL7792 returned ICN on the 5th of July, and immediately put back into service on the other day. For TC-JMM I believe it's a write-off, TK would actually save money by buying another A321 of that age other than repairing it. Simply not worth the money.

rturner
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:56 am

Block40Osan wrote:
scbriml wrote:
rturner wrote:

HL7792 returned ICN on the 5th of July, and immediately put back into service on the other day. For TC-JMM I believe it's a write-off, TK would actually save money by buying another A321 of that age other than repairing it. Simply not worth the money.

Thanks to both of y'all for the help. I forgot my password somehow for a while.

DL747

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Somewhat of a moot point, but to confirm earlier word, I have since seen HL7792 with my own Mark I eyeballs, so it is definitely airworthy again and on revenue flights

rturner
Topic Author

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm

So, update. The aircraft is flying again. I wonder how they figured out to fix it, and keep costs down. Id think itd be a write off. Any one got any ideas why they fixed it?