Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

estorilm

Re: Cabin Photos from Doomed Jets

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:27 pm

727LOVER wrote:
trnswrld wrote:
This picture always kind of creeps me out. You can even see the pilot in the window. This was just after pushback of TWA flight 553 which crashed probably less than an hour after this picture was taken. It collided midair with a smaller general aviation aircraft.

Edit: I can’t figure out how to post the picture, but google TWA 553 and the famous picture of the DC9 comes up. N1063T

That pic used to be on this site...I even did a thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=250739&p=2613391&hilit=picture#p2613391

Slightly OT, but it's tech ops so...
What is the big circular "door" ahead of the engine and just aft of the wing root?

OB1504

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 pm

SpinOn2 wrote:
United1 wrote:
SpinOn2 wrote:

Not that I really recall. The video I saw was just some home footage inside the cabin, filmed around the cabin and you can see everyone standing around moving from different sides of the plane to take pictures, and I just recall the person saying something about how the footage was taken not long before it crashed, thought it was eerie.

I remember seeing that photo as well..the theroy was it was fuel coming out of the fuel tank right at impact. It was definitely from a NZ901 documentary that I think I saw on YouTube...it was creepy as all hell.

I found this picture... not sure if it's correct one.

Wouldn’t fuel be clear? What would make it turn black?

DaveFly

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:31 pm

I have a photo of myself boarding TWA 747 #17119, the aircraft that eventually flew as TWA 800. I boarded the plane in TLV, which didn't have jet bridges in 1984, so I am seen waving at the top of the stairs. I recently digitized some old slides, including that one, and realized that I never knew which aircraft was in the accident. So I googled it, and to my horror discovered that that was the same plane. The registration number is clearly visible in the picture. (Cue the Twilight Zone music)

DaveFly

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 pm

DaveFly wrote:
I have a photo of myself boarding TWA 747 #17119, the aircraft that eventually flew as TWA 800. I boarded the plane in TLV, which didn't have jet bridges in 1984, so I am seen waving at the top of the stairs. I recently digitized some old slides, including that one, and realized that I never knew which aircraft was in the accident. So I googled it, and to my horror discovered that that was the same plane. The registration number is clearly visible in the picture. (Cue the Twilight Zone music)

I’d certainly be willing to post this picture, but I haven’t got a clue how to do it. I tried the ‘insert image’ button, but nothing happened.

Iemand91

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 pm

DaveFly wrote:
I’d certainly be willing to post this picture, but I haven’t got a clue how to do it. I tried the ‘insert image’ button, but nothing happened.

Have you uploaded it somewhere on the internet? (Imgur, Flickr etc.?)
In that case; you should get the image-URL (it ends with .jpg) and post is here. Something like:

[img*]http://image.jpg[/img] (without the *)

BoeingNAirbus

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 pm

This is a sick topic, but strangely fascinating as well. So they have pieces of the September 2001 issue of Hemispheres at the 9/11 memorial? I've gotta get there someday. I love shows like Air Crash Investigation, but it's so sad when an aircraft is destroyed and many lives are lost. Now I'm curious to see that TWA800 picture @DaveFly.

A3bilbaNEO

Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDVzy7lfPM&t=160s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5p2PSJQwM&t=313s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzstGXzUoU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXU-0HtY6fg

These are very rare videos of the cockpit and upper deck of B-18255, taken exactly one week before the crash. I don't know the date of the takeoff video, but the registration is clearly visible at 1:15. The guy who took these was a 747-200 Flight Engineer for China Airlines. He has lots of videos from these.

777Jet

Sun May 05, 2019 7:44 am

What an interesting topic!

I have a missing tail # / reg in my log book, and pics from the flight, of a flight on a MH 777 from 2005 and have always wondered if I flew on MRO or MRD...

Philippine747

Sun May 05, 2019 8:37 am

I have a few cabin pics from A7-AIB, which burned down during maintenance work in DOH a few months after I flew it from DOH-ATH...

acavpics

Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:59 pm

NateGreat wrote:
I am most curious about AA11 (N334AA), UA175 (N612UA), AA77 (N644AA), and UA93 (N591UA). I know someone published a trip report with no photos of a flight from IAD-SFO on N591UA in August 2001.

I have also been searching the webs for years to find pics of the interiors of these jets. Sadly, nothing has ever come up. :crying: