First of all the most important facts:
* According to this article, the railway 33 is blocked up to the cross and used as a storage area. The result is that there is no landing over the runway 33 and also not over the runway 15 (too high risk for parked airplanes).
* Thus the runway 05/23 is used for landings and starts are shortened over the 33.
* Terraces and car parks will remain open, unless the security situation changes, a short-term closure would be possible. ATTENTION! As announced today (June 26, 2017), the terraces, car park 1, 2 and 5 will not be accessible. Anyone who goes to one of the car parks in order to take photos must expect to be relegated by the security forces of the localities!
* The Coffee 2 Fly will remain open and is suitable for photos in the morning. From the Wrangelkoppel road, the road will be blocked for vehicles. Except bicycles and pedestrians.
* The road Weg beim Jäger will be completely blocked and also surrounding streets can be blocked in case of need.
* The Café Himmelschreiber will not be accessible from the 7th – 9th of July 2017.
G-CIVP wrote:As some may know, the next G20 Summit is being held in Hamburg in the first week of July. Can any local photographers give any advice on the arrangements, e.g. will photographers be welcome within reason or is the whole airport going to be cordoned off? Also, any ideas on the likely departure runway?
airkas1 wrote:tommy1808 wrote:You can also expect significant riots in the city.
Are locations of those known? Or will it be 'uncontrolled' (no official places to protest etc.)?
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos