Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

shattuckb02
Topic Author

Screener Process

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Hello everyone. Just curious what the feedback would be on a screen-shot video showing the screening process. Basically, I'd like to see what it is they are looking for and how they go about screening the many photos that are uploaded to A.net. NOTE: I think the screeners do a fine job! Out of all the rejections I have gotten, only one baffled me. Whenever I have a photo rejected, I can usually see the problems referenced by the screener. I think that seeing what a screener is looking for would be beneficial for A.net contributors.

airkas1

Re: Screener Process

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 pm

I don't have the time right now to go explain the process in detail, but below is a screenshot of all our rejection reasons. So we have to check that the photo adheres to all of those criteria. But after a while, we usually see within a few seconds if a photo is passable or not.

Note: There are some double categories that still have to be taken care of. Dark/Underexposed are kind of the same and grainy/noise. Usually grainy is used for slides and noise for digital photos, but in time I think just noise will be sufficient. And of course Personal isn't a proper rejection reason, that's just the way to activate the writte message that we sometimes send along with a rejection.

HarryLi
Screener

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 pm

airkas1 wrote:
I don't have the time right now to go explain the process in detail, but below is a screenshot of all our rejection reasons. So we have to check that the photo adheres to all of those criteria. But after a while, we usually see within a few seconds if a photo is passable or not.

Note: There are some double categories that still have to be taken care of. Dark/Underexposed are kind of the same and grainy/noise. Usually grainy is used for slides and noise for digital photos, but in time I think just noise will be sufficient. And of course Personal isn't a proper rejection reason, that's just the way to activate the writte message that we sometimes send along with a rejection.

Thank you for sharing the picture with us Kas ! I am curious about this actually haha~ :lol:

segi

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:03 am

Hello,

I'm happy to find this post as I had the same question. Unfortunately the screenshot doesn't display anymore. Is it only my computer or the link is broken?

I definitely agree with Harry that it would benefit everybody to explain further how each picture is screened and what is being looked for. If every photographer can run a similar screening by him/herself before submitting the acceptance rate should improve.

Could you please share again the screenshot of all the rejection reasons (as I can't see it)?

Thank you in advance,

airkas1

Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Sorry, late reply. I've been meaning to repost it, but my dropbox doesn't work anymore for these sorts of things and then I forgot all about it. Anyway, here is a repost of all the things we look for:

I've included the category lists as well, as we are required to check the image for the correct category. Not inlcuded in the screenshot are the aircraft/airline/location fields, which we also check.

segi

Sat May 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Thank you for following up. Relevant screenshot indeed.