PeterB
Topic Author

Night shot photo technique

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:20 pm

I just saw the following image and have a question regarding the applied photo technique. Unforntunately, the photographer is a "non-responder". So, no information from him after a personal message to similar pictures he has in his gallery.

Where does the light come from? Is there a special light source at this spot? Was a flash used? When you see the reflections on the fuselage and wing it looks as if there is a light source below the aircraft. If a flash was used, this thread should be moved to the "Civil Aviation" forum.

Btw: When did the A.net requirements drop so massively? Sorry, but this image has not only one reason for rejection (please don't tell me it's accepted because of the registration).

trevisan26

Re: Night shot photo technique

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 pm

PeterB wrote:
Where does the light come from? Is there a special light source at this spot? Was a flash used?

My GUESS is that a flash was used, very powerful by the way. I'm curious to know what kind of flash and some other settings about this kind of picture.

PeterB wrote:
Btw: When did the A.net requirements drop so massively?

There have been some lenience given to difficult night pictures (non static) lately, which I personally like a lot.

PeterB
Topic Author

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 pm

If your guess is true, that would be a massive infringement regarding aviation security.

Kaphias

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:55 am

Previous discussion here: viewtopic.php?t=920281
Matthew

glen

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:50 am

From this topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1348569

Post #17:
Some of those shots, .... are usually done with the plane flying over some very bright lights (eg, stadium/sporting field flood lights) and using a big aperture with high ISO settings.
"The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view." - Albert Einstein