Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MarioMont
Topic Author

Where this place is?

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:32 am

Hi Guys, I'm new here at the Airliners Forum, so Hello every one :smile:
Last edited by MarioMont on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarioMont
Topic Author

Re: Where this place is?

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:39 am

[img]Hi Guys, I'm new here at the Airliners Forum, so Hello every one :smile:

Well the reason I'm sending this photo is because I was 14 years old (1993) I saw the same picture in an old Fokker Magazine and I cant forget that. Coincidentally, I've found this picture on the Internet today as I was searching for a picture of a Fokker F28 from Furza Aerea Argentina.

I believe it's somewhere in Netherlands, and I really would like to know were this place is, if someone know please, I will be waiting for some answer.

Thanks Boys! :smile:

airkas1

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 am

Although the aircraft is definitely a Fokker 50, the location is also definitely not in the Netherlands. Our country is flat as a pancake and our highest 'hill' is 323m high. If you have a link to the source, perhaps we can figure out where this photo was taken.

MarioMont
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey, Airkas1, here is the link for the photo... screw down, you will see the last picture. Thanks for the support brother!
http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Civ ... 20F50.html

MarioMont
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Although the aircraft is definitely a Fokker 50, the location is also definitely not in the Netherlands. Our country is flat as a pancake and our highest 'hill' is 323m high. If you have a link to the source, perhaps we can figure out where this photo was taken.

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Civ ... 20F50.html

SRQKEF

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:50 am

Could it be Paro Airport in Bhutan? The scenery somehow reminds me of it, but I'm not 100% on it.

MarioMont
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:23 am

SRQKEF wrote:
Could it be Paro Airport in Bhutan? The scenery somehow reminds me of it, but I'm not 100% on it.

Those building on the back, are pretty occidental, European maybe, but doesn't seems to be at Paro Airport. I've found this place in Iceland, but theres not much buildings around the airport. I don't know man!... :white:
isafjordur airport iceland

Smoketrails

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 am

Hmmmm....Pakistan or India!?

oly720man

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Still searching, but, some thoughts...... and there's a marginally better photo here

http://www.fokker-aircraft.info/proto-1.jpg

It looks like the reg is PH-JXC. According to the potted history here

https://www.planelogger.com/Aircraft/Re ... JXC/698095

"PH-EXC ntu (rr bef ff) 6-23.09.91 demo's in Africa11.91 demo Libya.24/1/02 demo Mid-Eastret WOE 10.02.92 demo SPL 6-7.05.92/Schonefeld 12.6to USret 4.07.92/with Korean flag 5.11.92flight training 23.11.92AtlSouthA 1.93demo's SPL 4.93,"

it may be that the photo is somewhere in one of Africa, Mid East, US or where "AtlSouthA" is.

I am assuming SPL is Schiphol and WOE is certainly Woensdrecht

As far as the photo is concerned, the 4 piano keys mean it's a 60ft wide runway. Wide enough for a F50 with 23ft between the wheels, but not usual, is it?

Not sure about the yellow markings across the runway, the yellow stripes through the double white lines and the 4 marks either side of the centre line. Don't seem to be standard. Also the pairs of double white lines don't seem standard.

The runway is possibly a little tricky to land on, given the hills and other infrastructure nearby. No lights, so daytime operation only. Maybe newish.

There is some sort of parking area off the right of the photo with 2 taxiways going to it - you can just see the yellow taxi line near the bottom of the photo.

Not sure what the stuff to the right of the runway is. Maybe left overs from drainage work,

There's a yellow coach in the photo, at about 10 oclock to the end of the runway, that looks something like one of these

http://www.bus-and-coach-photos.com/pic ... r11988.asp

Under the right wingtip, on the photo, there's an red and white electricty pylon and just to the left of the trees on the right there's another "H" shaped pylon that's grey/bare metal.

The big double fence (bottom left there are 2 fences) would imply somewhere of some importance, but with the big tree overhanging the fence on the left it could be that the importance isn't what it used to be, and if you zoom in there are people sitting on the fence, bottom left.

The trees, I think, are cypress trees, e.g.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-4000-y ... 38951.html

and that narrows things down to the N hemisphere.

SRQKEF

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

This is never IFJ or anywhere else here in Iceland, we don't have that many trees in the whole country! ;)