Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airkas1
Topic Author

Screening Queue - How to check where your photos are

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:55 am

As you are all aware, the old overview is not available right now. But there is a low-tech solution to get a rough estimate of where your photos are in the queue.

If you go to Photos --> Search, you see the most recently accepted photos. Click the image top left (that is the most recently accepted image) and scroll down slightly to see the Photo ID. Now compare this to the ID of your photo in the queue.
Another thing you can do is scroll through the first 3 pages of most recently accepted photos. Look at the most recent date and compare this date to your photo in the queue. Doing both should give you a bit of an idea where your photos are.

On average, we had about 900-1000 photos uploaded daily with the old site. I don't know the current numbers, but I suspect they might be a bit lower. At the time of writing, there are 7380 photos waiting to be screened.

Example:
My oldest photo in the queue has ID 3873677. The most recent accepted photo is ID 3873153. That's about 500 photos difference. This means that my photo will most likely be screened today, but otherwise tomorrow at latest.
EDIT: Yep, it was screened about 4,5h after posting this.

Again, I  realize this is some extra work and it's not ideal, but it works. I too really hope to see the return of the photo queue sooner than later.

len90

Re: Screening Queue - How to check where your photos are

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks for that little quick tip Kas. I wonder if the drawdown on the queue right now is due to a drawdown in the uploading or the screeners bumping it up another gear.

Would you be able to share the details on the turnaround time for that image? The old site gave you an idea not only on how many photos were in the site but how many days you had to wait.

airkas1
Topic Author

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:12 pm

len90 wrote:
Thanks for that little quick tip Kas. I wonder if the drawdown on the queue right now is due to a drawdown in the uploading or the screeners bumping it up another gear.

Would you be able to share the details on the turnaround time for that image? The old site gave you an idea not only on how many photos were in the site but how many days you had to wait.

- I'm thinking the former.
- I think that photo was in the queue for 15/16 days (day of upload = day 1, day of screening = day 15/16). When the site migrated, we didn't screen for a day or 3/4, so that's part of the reason why it took so long. But the screening speed is picking up, so it should become a lot less than that pretty fast.

Bruce

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:00 am

Oh, are all the images since the migration getting new ID#s? I see they are at 3,877,000. My most recent was 2,800,000+. Did they really jump by a million? Also, all of my photos in the database say accepted July 11 but the actual acceptance date of the most recent was in May!

bombayduck

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:27 am

Bruce
The next time you look at your photos, you will find that the accepted date will be the date that you have logged in to the photos. All photos after the migration that have been accepted to the database use the date uploaded to the queue. As for the big jump in the ID#s maybe Kas or John can answer that for you

bombayduck

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Scrap my previous posting, now the images are smaller, all times and dates on all images that had migrated from the old site, now have the accepted uploaded date to the database.

ptrjong

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Bruce wrote:
Oh, are all the images since the migration getting new ID#s? I see they are at 3,877,000. My most recent was 2,800,000+. Did they really jump by a million?!

I guess they did jump by a million. They started a different system - photos get their ID as soon as you put them in the queue. I guess IDs of rejected photos therefore now remain unused. And priority adds and direct adds therefore have a lower number compared to other photos accepted at the same time.

It seems that screening time is rather long at the moment, at least 10 days. But I hope that means few photographers have walked away.

Peter:)

PeterB

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:02 am

As pointed out already, screening takes 10-14 days currently. How high is the likelihood that screening time will be shortened again to 7-8 days as it was half a year ago?

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:24 am

The queue has been steady around 6500 photos for the last 2 weeks or so. I don't like saying it but the 'problem' is our capacity, which has gone down a lot. We just recruited a new screener, but it will take some weeks before he can screen at full speed. In the mean time, we do what we can, but in all likelyhood it will stay like it is right now for a while (my guess).

That said, it most likely won't get worse, so it can only get better. Approaching it from a positive point of view? :)

bombayduck

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:27 am

It will be good to get the screening queue list back, as we had on the old site. So instead of looking at the photo id number in the uploaded pictures, and then check your number to see where it is in the queue will make things easier.

PeterB

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:23 pm

airkas1 wrote:
The queue has been steady around 6500 photos for the last 2 weeks or so.

Maybe I got it wrong. Please correct me if this is the case.

My last upload in the queue has ID 3926783. The latest picture in the database has ID 3914197.
Wouldn't that mean that the queue is 12586 long at the moment?

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:24 pm

It could be that that photo was priority added? Otherwise I don't know. The queue is for 100% sure 6500 photos.

PeterB

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:31 pm

ID 3914197 is an AA A319 departing from Orlando. I see no obvious reason why this one should be a priority screening.

ptrjong

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Latest acceptances now around 3914500, so indeed a difference of 12,000. But maybe not all these IDs exist somehow?

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:35 pm

I don't know guys, maybe a result of an update or something.

bombayduck

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Until we get the screening queue back there is going to be a certain amount of confusion, as to what is going on in the screening process. It would be nice to see where your photos actually stand in the queue.

NIKV69

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:20 am

bombayduck wrote:
Until we get the screening queue back there is going to be a certain amount of confusion, as to what is going on in the screening process. It would be nice to see where your photos actually stand in the queue.

Yes it would. As someone who is still kind of in shock at the site redesign I don't know why you would take away the features that we all loved. Is there ant timetable on when we can see this back?

airkas1
Topic Author

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:28 am

Overnight we've had word that this feature is on the agenda to be fixed in the 'coming weeks'. Unfortunately I can't be more specific yet regarding the timeframe. When I do know, I'll post it.

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm happy to report that we finally have our queue overview back! You will find it in your photo corner. A minor facelift is still scheduled, but the page works and is accurate.
With that, this thread has no use anymore, so I'm requesting it to be locked and unpinned.

If you have any feedback regarding this update, please reply here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335263