Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

vishaljo
Topic Author

Re: Photographer(s) Feedback on the new site

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:59 pm

ptrjong wrote:
The competittion for 'Top of the day' is what made this site tick, not so much for me, but for many photographers and viewers... but this strength has now simply been thrown away. This is just suicidal. :!:

The quietness here is telling, some things need to change very quickly.

len90 wrote:
The hits images receive on the site are extremely depressing right now. I have images that after 7+ days have picked up less than 50views. For the first time in three years I have an empty queue... all 40 slots vacant.

So we are going to hold a strict screening standard for a picture that will amass no hits and isn't being displayed properly? In addition we have no copyright bar which is something that has been getting "worked on" for weeks. And lastly, if my picture does go through the screening process successfully I am at risk of having any sort of caption I put censored and edited down to just a departure/arrival runway and camera equipment used. The remark was supposed to allow for a photographer to say something. Sadly on this site it really isn't unless you are a select few who are lucky enough to write a story about each picture.

Ultimately I viewed airliners.net as a place to share my passion of aviation photography with others.
Taking pictures of planes is not what pays my bills; it is my hobby and pastime.

Random, non-newsworthy images being promoted completely drowning out the organic viewership & meritocracy of the Top of 24 - this was a major topic of debate when i had raised this issue a few years ago, an issue that drove a few people away as random, non-newsworthy images (mostly LAX images, mostly belonging to a select few) were & are being insta-promoted and thereby the person promoting the shots (often routine & un-Important freshly accepted photos) is picking what the front page should look like, shouldn't the viewers decide?

WHY does Anet have to promote routine & non-newsworthy freshly accepted photos (mostly LAX images photos) and not other photos from other parts of the world from our incredibly vast pool of fine photos, shots which have passed the 24/48 hr time period so that they don't destroy the organic meritocracy of the Top of 24 ?

len90 wrote:
I don't expect to see a blue sky background CRJ9 amass thousands of views, but it should be able to muster up more than 23 views. A basic image years ago would easily break 100 views in its first day. Sadly now you are lucky if an image gets you over 100 views after a few days.

You can if the image is from LAX as it may just be inline for the daily LAX photo instapromotion, oh wait your name isn't XXXX XXXXXX

len90 wrote:
The site has gotten away from its intended purpose. Many great photographers have come and gone due to numerous issues like favoritism (different rules for different people), arguable screening, etc. A lot more have stopped uploading since this redesign. I don't consider myself amongst the great elite photographers, but after three straight years of a full queue I've gone quiet. For now, there was just one straw too many. I'm not going to have brief captions that are PHOTO RELEVANT edited out, wait two weeks, and only reach a very small number of people (unless the image is promoted on the site's social media).

All this censorship and hit seeking comment nonsense is so so absurd & hypocritical.
Indirectly, Anet is doing almost exactly what they're attempting to condone, that others minor promotion here or there which dosen't really make any major dent on the front page is frowned upon & label it, "hunt for views"
Now, let us go & do the same thing on a much larger scale (fb instapromotion of freshly accepted non-newsworthy, mostly LAX photos) & block the front page with it letting organically popular shots die out & have the same type of photos from the same few places that people have seen over & over & over & over & over again be a permanent fixture on the front page.

Kas, buddy pls don't take this personally. As others have said you are only the messenger & a good man doing a fine job.
As you would have seen by my opening post of the thread, I have tried to be constructive & leave out my frustration but, truth be told Anet's misuse of its social media is shocking! You're directly pissing off people who are spending their precious time & money to give you free content to make money off of.
Pls take my words for what they are. I am only a well wisher of the site and would absolutely like to see it prosper but if I am giving you so much of my time & money (the photos which werent produced for free) and then when my photo is at #4 or 5 for you to promote random, unimportant freshly accepted photo and kick me off - not done!

airkas1

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 pm

None taken @ Len and Vishal.

But I do want to comment on the promotion of photos;
For non-event images, I can agree that it would be more fair to let the public decide the top-5.

HOWEVER, there are several photographers who actively plug their photos anywhere they see fit in order to get to the TOTD or Top-5. They don't adhere to any 24-48h rule either. I've been seeing a lot of the same names in the top-5, and half of them aren't from A.net promoted photos. This also dates back to the old site still.

Anyway, this might be better off in a thread of its own, although I doubt it will change anything.

spompert

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:44 pm

airkas1 wrote:
ptrjong wrote:
Priority 1, link the photographer's name to his most recent photos again and not to his bloody profile.

This should be fixed now :)

For me it`s not fixed. I think they mean the link from the forum name to someone`s photos. When I press on a name in the forum I am not directed to his photos but to a non-interesting forum-profile.

airkas1

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:45 pm

airkas1 wrote:
ptrjong wrote:
No, it's not... :cry:

I see, it sorts at views at the moment. Will ask to sort on date added.

"Yes We can, but at the moment that sort isn't reliable because the data for it isn't present - I have a fix for that as well, so I can update those two to go in sync in the near future."

len90

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:50 am

Great point Vishal on the promoting and how there really are one or two who have the power to control what or whose work can be on the front page. The photographers who aren't in the "in crowd" get shunned out of being on the front page of a.net; something that I strived to do when I was first starting out and I know many others still aspire for it. But to take control and artificially create the top 5 via Facebook is shameful. The old site showed the top images a lot cleaner than this version but it was always interesting to see the large drop offs in the views.
airkas1 wrote:
None taken @ Len and Vishal.

But I do want to comment on the promotion of photos;
For non-event images, I can agree that it would be more fair to let the public decide the top-5.

HOWEVER, there are several photographers who actively plug their photos anywhere they see fit in order to get to the TOTD or Top-5. They don't adhere to any 24-48h rule either. I've been seeing a lot of the same names in the top-5, and half of them aren't from A.net promoted photos. This also dates back to the old site still.

Anyway, this might be better off in a thread of its own, although I doubt it will change anything.

As of this moment the top 5 shots are:
1. Jetstar A320 Angry Birds new special.. promoted and right to be done
2. CargoLogicAir 748 on delivery flight.... already had a shot on the db of it but still promoted on social media instantly
3. Swiss 77W: Promoted on social media
4. Azores A330: Promoted on social media
5. Cathay Pacific B747 in new colors: Not promoted on social media

So whose really the main culprit here? Why can't we have a site rule of no social media promotions for NON newsworthy images until after 24 or 48 hours?

ptrjong

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:40 am

airkas1 wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
ptrjong wrote:
No, it's not... :cry:

I see, it sorts at views at the moment. Will ask to sort on date added.

"Yes We can, but at the moment that sort isn't reliable because the data for it isn't present - I have a fix for that as well, so I can update those two to go in sync in the near future."

Okay, but why does it have to link to a butt ugly wallpaper plastered with thumbnails and zero information, rather than a proper A.net thumbnails view... This is not Flickr, you know.

Of course I'm talking to DM and the developers through you, dear Kas... Their absence here makes perfectly clear how much they really care, I'm afraid...

Peter

len90

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:30 pm

And yet further evidence of an artificial top 5:
1. China Airlines Blended Boeing 777: A.net promoted on social media
2. Singapore A380 landing in the rain: A.net promoted on social media
3. CargoLogicAir 748: A.net promoted on social media
4. US Airfroce B-52: A.net promoted on social media
5. Swiss Air Force F18: A.net promoted on social media

Clicking Top images of last 24 hours:
Top 8 were social media promotions.
Number 9 was not promoted on social media and is that Cathay 747 I described last night which respectfully got over 1,700 views on its own. After that the disparity grows big time as almost 1,000 views separate number 9 from number 10
Top 24 rounded out by an image with 188 views right now.

Alexa numbers for the site show an average of just over 6 page views per visitor down 17.5%.

airkas1

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Feel free to start a separate thread about the promotion of photos, but can we please keep this thread about the feedback regarding the new site?

scbriml

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 am

airkas1 wrote:
Feel free to start a separate thread about the promotion of photos, but can we please keep this thread about the feedback regarding the new site?

Kas, any update on the Copyright bar situation? I'm really disinclined to upload when my images are not visibly copyrighted. Maybe I'm being naive, but given the bar was added to lots of photos after it was missing originally, why is it now not being added again?

Seriously, how difficult is it? :(

If I add the watermark, can it be removed once the Copyright bar is fixed?

Cheers. Some of us really appreciate your efforts in communicating to the members. It must feel like this is your full-time job!

airkas1

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:17 am

scbriml wrote:
Kas, any update on the Copyright bar situation? I'm really disinclined to upload when my images are not visibly copyrighted. Maybe I'm being naive, but given the bar was added to lots of photos after it was missing originally, why is it now not being added again?

Hey Steve,
I posted it in the FAQ thread hoping you would notice it there, but that was my miscalculation, sorry. Here is the answer from the developers as per last Friday:
Q: "Given that the Copyright bar isn't currently being added to newly accepted photos, if I apply the watermark to some of my images, can I remove it again once the Copyright bar is added back? I really prefer not to use a watermark, but not having the Copyright bar is a serious issue for me. Any update on when this will be fixed?"

A: "Yes, watermarks can be added/removed as desired and a new version of the photo is copied/generated from the source image. There's no limit to how often you can change your watermarks, and this will still hold true after the copyright bar is added back for all photos moving forward (and retroactively applied to photos accepted since launch). The copyright bar will likely be top priority after the blue themes are done, so we'll for sure be working on that starting next week and code that will apply copyright bars to newly accepted photos probably being deployed the following week. Updating all the image files added since launch that are missing their copyright bars is sort of a separate task, so that might take a bit longer depending on some factors."

And thanks for the kind words, it does feel like a second job at times. But I've managed to dose my energy and only focus on helping people in stead of going into the discussion with them and that works better for me. I've noticed I developed a few more grey hairs though :(

angara

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:36 am

This is the worst thing that could be done with the site. Very sorry.

spompert

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello, is it possible to link to someones photos by clicking on a profile in the forum? It looks as this is not possible and that there are different profiles between the forum and the photo database. It would be really nice to have a direct link. Is this on the fix-list? Thanks

airkas1

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

It's on the list.

airkas1

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:45 am

For everyone that doesn't frequent Site Related, we would appreciate your vote in a poll regarding the color of the text: viewforum.php?f=12

aal151heavy

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:32 am

I have refrained from posting up until now. While I am happy to see the crew receptive to feedback and quickly updating the site, this should have been done during a beta testing period and not during a live and painful "public testing" as we endured the past few weeks.

I am happy to see the blue return to the forums - when are the photo pages going to receive some love and receive the blue as well?

My suggestions:

1. The "data plate" below each photo is simply too huge. It used to be a table that takes a small amount of screen real estate, now it takes up a screen and a half. I have heard complaints from other photogs about this, but I did not see this recorded here.

2. The "medium" and "large" photo links below each photo is reversed. When you are on the medium photo page, the "medium" link shows up as a hot link while the "large" is grayed out. This is opposite of what you want (even though both links are "live"). When you are on the medium photo page, you want to see the large as the hot link.

3. I still see truncated noses and tails in the thumbnails.

airkas1

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:36 am

Hi AAL,

1. This will be fixed in a future update, when some data will be hidden by default and clicking something can reveal it.
2. I see what you mean. I will ask for this to be reversed, thanks!
3. This is on the list.

kulverstukas

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Top page photos are resized dynamically if you change window size. This means top photo which is originally 1024px wide can be anything from 457px to 1243px wide, and quality lack generated by such manipulation is quite obvious.

airkas1

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:16 pm

kulverstukas wrote:
Top page photos are resized dynamically if you change window size. This means top photo which is originally 1024px wide can be anything from 457px to 1243px wide, and quality lack generated by such manipulation is quite obvious.

I've added it to the entry regarding this issue.

DannyLong

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:44 am

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL ! PLEASE BRING THE OLD WEBSITE BACK ! ! ! ! ! ! !

MaxiAir

Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Just got all my pictures rejected for being soft, eg this one:
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... 32c-12.jpg

Problem is, thats not the picture I uploaded! It was in 1200px and properly sharp, there must still be an issue with scale to the pictures!
And I waited two (2 !!!) weeks for these rejections!!

airkas1

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:34 pm

MaxiAir wrote:
Problem is, thats not the picture I uploaded! It was in 1200px and properly sharp, there must still be an issue with scale to the pictures!

We see the photos in original uploaded quality during screening.
The photos in the photo corner do lack some quality, as those pages still need to be modeled after the public details photo pages. Once that is done, you will see the original photo quality in your photo corner as well.

MaxiAir

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:13 pm

airkas1 wrote:
MaxiAir wrote:

We see the photos in original uploaded quality during screening.
The photos in the photo corner do lack some quality, as those pages still need to be modeled after the public details photo pages. Once that is done, you will see the original photo quality in your photo corner as well.

thanks airkas for your answer. I was just surprised because I can't see it in original quality and usually most of my 1200px pics get accepted and this whole set got rejected normally only half of my 1600px pictures get rejected :o

sovietjet

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:40 pm

vishaljo wrote:
Random, non-newsworthy images being promoted completely drowning out the organic viewership & meritocracy of the Top of 24 - this was a major topic of debate when i had raised this issue a few years ago, an issue that drove a few people away as random, non-newsworthy images (mostly LAX images, mostly belonging to a select few) were & are being insta-promoted and thereby the person promoting the shots (often routine & un-Important freshly accepted photos) is picking what the front page should look like, shouldn't the viewers decide?

WHY does Anet have to promote routine & non-newsworthy freshly accepted photos (mostly LAX images photos) and not other photos from other parts of the world from our incredibly vast pool of fine photos, shots which have passed the 24/48 hr time period so that they don't destroy the organic meritocracy of the Top of 24 ?

len90 wrote:
I don't expect to see a blue sky background CRJ9 amass thousands of views, but it should be able to muster up more than 23 views. A basic image years ago would easily break 100 views in its first day. Sadly now you are lucky if an image gets you over 100 views after a few days.

You can if the image is from LAX as it may just be inline for the daily LAX photo instapromotion, oh wait your name isn't XXXX XXXXXX

len90 wrote:
The site has gotten away from its intended purpose. Many great photographers have come and gone due to numerous issues like favoritism (different rules for different people), arguable screening, etc. A lot more have stopped uploading since this redesign. I don't consider myself amongst the great elite photographers, but after three straight years of a full queue I've gone quiet. For now, there was just one straw too many. I'm not going to have brief captions that are PHOTO RELEVANT edited out, wait two weeks, and only reach a very small number of people (unless the image is promoted on the site's social media).

All this censorship and hit seeking comment nonsense is so so absurd & hypocritical.
Indirectly, Anet is doing almost exactly what they're attempting to condone, that others minor promotion here or there which dosen't really make any major dent on the front page is frowned upon & label it, "hunt for views"
Now, let us go & do the same thing on a much larger scale (fb instapromotion of freshly accepted non-newsworthy, mostly LAX photos) & block the front page with it letting organically popular shots die out & have the same type of photos from the same few places that people have seen over & over & over & over & over again be a permanent fixture on the front page.

Kas, buddy pls don't take this personally. As others have said you are only the messenger & a good man doing a fine job.
As you would have seen by my opening post of the thread, I have tried to be constructive & leave out my frustration but, truth be told Anet's misuse of its social media is shocking! You're directly pissing off people who are spending their precious time & money to give you free content to make money off of.
Pls take my words for what they are. I am only a well wisher of the site and would absolutely like to see it prosper but if I am giving you so much of my time & money (the photos which werent produced for free) and then when my photo is at #4 or 5 for you to promote random, unimportant freshly accepted photo and kick me off - not done!

No offense, but I find it ironic that you of all people are protesting photo promotion...

len90

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 am

sovietjet: are you referring to me or vishal?

Sad to see so many quirks still remain on the photography side? Any status update on that copyright bar? I'm getting tempted to request any images I had accepted post new site to be taken down if that bar is not present or to just put that large solid black watermark through those images. The copyright bar is a legally necessary item to help better deal with photo theft.

airkas1

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 am

len90 wrote:
sovietjet: are you referring to me or vishal?

Referring to Vishal I'm sure. I'll let him explain as to why sovietjet said that (or perhaps you can already guess it yourself).

As for the copyright bar, I posted an update last Friday that mentions that, it's in the issues FAQ ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335403 ). I've requested the developers to deal with the copyright bar and thumbnail issues, once the upcoming big update is done.

vishaljo
Topic Author

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

sovietjet wrote:
No offense, but I find it ironic that you of all people are protesting photo promotion...

Ivan, I don't contribute my photos here with the intention of forgetting about them after upload.
IMO, I am extremely picky about the photos I choose to go on my Anet portfolio and while their popularity may not make sense to you I certainly want my photos to have their moment in the sun like many others.
Point being, no individual's promotion capabilities can get anywhere close to the JATO that is the Anet fb+twitter promotion with a combined eyeball base of close to a million.
So while me (like so many others) promoting their photos can near the top 5 in about 10-15 hours (once or twice a month as per my upload/acceptance rate: 222 photos ÷ 10 years) - the Anet insta-promotion happens everyday day, mostly multiple times a day, year round & is just that - insta!
End of story.

airkas1

Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:04 am

Update regarding copyright banner:

- Photographer copyright banner is being added to bottom of new photos after screening.
- Photos uploaded after the new site launched but before now are in a queue right now and are being processed to have the copyright banner added. This process will continue overnight and should be complete by the morning (Los Angeles time).

Sorry for the super long wait.

scbriml

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:08 am

airkas1 wrote:
Update regarding copyright banner:

- Photographer copyright banner is being added to bottom of new photos after screening.
- Photos uploaded after the new site launched but before now are in a queue right now and are being processed to have the copyright banner added. This process will continue overnight and should be complete by the morning (Los Angeles time).

Sorry for the super long wait.

Great news! A quick check shows all my uploads since the site changed now have the Copyright bar added.

airkas1

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:39 am

I forgot to mention, there is a slight possibility that some photos have 2 (or in my case 3) copyright bars fitted. Please let me know the ID's of these photos so I can pass it on to the developers.

len90

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:57 am

Great news to hear that the copyright bar is finally coming back. Is there a timeframe for the lag to get all the older images that were accepted between relaunch and now to show up this way? Only one of my images (June 30th acceptance) has the copyright. Anything on or before June 29th has nothing yet.

airkas1

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 am

len90 wrote:
Is there a timeframe for the lag to get all the older images that were accepted between relaunch and now to show up this way? Only one of my images (June 30th acceptance) has the copyright. Anything on or before June 29th has nothing yet.

I've read it could take up to 24h (Los Angeles time) for all indexing and retrofitting to be done. Please give it some more time, but if it's not done by tonight (your time), please let me know the ID's of the photos in question or link me if it involves a string of images.

DL747

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:48 am

Why on earth are the rejected images compressed so that you cannot obtain feedback from other members on where you went awry?

John

kulverstukas

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:18 am

DL747 wrote:
Why on earth are the rejected images compressed so that you cannot obtain feedback from other members on where you went awry?

John

Here

walter2222

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:05 pm

airkas1 wrote:
I forgot to mention, there is a slight possibility that some photos have 2 (or in my case 3) copyright bars fitted. Please let me know the ID's of these photos so I can pass it on to the developers.

Hi Kas,

First of all my deepest respect for you on handling this thread in these difficult times... You are one of the few who still put their shoulders under this website and I sincerely hope all will end well and all things will be back to normal soon! I am already glad the "blue" came back!!

PS: I have a couple of pictures accepted that do not show the copyright bar. Here are the ID's: 2853739, 2850355, 2849437, 2840073 and 2840019.

Best regards,

Walter

airkas1

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 pm

walter2222 wrote:
PS: I have a couple of pictures accepted that do not show the copyright bar. Here are the ID's: 2853739, 2850355, 2849437, 2840073 and 2840019.

Hi Walter,
Thanks and I've passed ID's on.

kulverstukas

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:29 pm

#2843497 still don't get copyright bar also

airkas1

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:21 am

kulverstukas wrote:
#2843497 still don't get copyright bar also

Passed it on.

len90

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:32 am

I have the following: 27 in total

2835385, 2836853, 2836857, 2836859, 2836861, 2837331, 2838703, 2838713, 2839501, 2840273, 2843955, 2843959, 2843961, 2844369, 2845661, 2845663, 2845667, 2846155, 2847159, 2847169, 2847179, 2847185, 2847799, 2850279, 2852069, 2852073, 2852713

airkas1

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:23 am

len90 wrote:
I have the following: 27 in total

Thanks, passed them on.

Kaphias

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 am

Relayed info from the devs via Kas on the FAQ thread... this is GREAT news.

- Probably over the course of next week, we will test a different layout for the Top-5 images. It will involve using smaller thumbnails and disabling the carousel (slideshow). I interpret this as being similar to what we had on the old site. This will most likely be live for a dew days. We would like your feedback on it (improvement/not an improvement) when it's live.

walter2222

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:05 pm

airkas1 wrote:
walter2222 wrote:

Hi Walter,
Thanks and I've passed ID's on.

Thanks Kas!

The photo's have been nicely updated with the copyright bar!

Best regards,
Walter

rpd14

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:56 am

Hi Kas. I'm happy the copyright banner has comeback on this site. I still have couple images doesn't show copyright banner.
2851745, 2851727, 2851693, 2850853, 2850837, 2840953, 2840935, 2840917, 2839195, 2839179, 2839171, 2839167, 2839163, 2838517, 2838511, and 2838505. Thanks

Best Regards

airkas1

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:42 pm

rpd14 wrote:
I still have couple images doesn't show copyright banner.

Passed them on, thanks.

walter2222

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi Kas,

I have another question: could it be that a view counter is stuck? I have a shot (ID: 3881947) with less than 100 views (I know, that is nowadays not abnormal...but still difficult to get used to). My other shots also have much less visitors than before the change, but their counters still seem to add up. This one is now already stuck at exactly 82 views (I feel almost ashamed to put that number here...) and since I also had a look at it (over the past weeks), the counter just doesn't seem to move anymore.
A couple more or less views will not make a difference, but it might be a problem, hence I am mentioning it here.

Best regards,

Walter

airkas1

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Walter,

I've asked the question on our main feedback E-mail thread with the developers. But I don't expect an answer until after the weekend (LA time). And don't be ashamed, I have a few photos that have half of that..

walter2222

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:23 am

Thanks Kas!

Best regards,

Walter

fikrinoor

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 am

Hello airkas1,

As same with kulverstukas, rpd14 etc, there are many photos of mine which doesn't have copyright banner yet.
Actually, these photos are accepted before Anet changed the web format, eerr I mean when used old style. When Anet changed to new web style which provided watermark editing option, I'd try to customize the watermark of these old photos. But my couple newest accepted photos are used copyright banner instead.

Here are the photo ID: 2781310, 2789586, 2781225, 2781221, 2781309, 2781311, 2789495.

Best regards,

Fikri

airkas1

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:58 am

fikrinoor wrote:
As same with kulverstukas, rpd14 etc, there are many photos of mine which doesn't have copyright banner yet.
\
I've passed them on, thanks.

trevisan26

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Kaphias wrote:
Relayed info from the devs via Kas on the FAQ thread... this is GREAT news.

- Probably over the course of next week, we will test a different layout for the Top-5 images. It will involve using smaller thumbnails and disabling the carousel (slideshow). I interpret this as being similar to what we had on the old site. This will most likely be live for a dew days. We would like your feedback on it (improvement/not an improvement) when it's live.

Great news! Something similar to the old one would work perfectly fine IMO. I already say its an improvement Image

Hope that step by step we can put the good things of the old site together with the good ones of the new one.

Thiago Trevisan

vikkyvik

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:43 am

airkas1 wrote:
I've read it could take up to 24h (Los Angeles time) for all indexing and retrofitting to be done.

Are Los Angeles hours longer or shorter than the rest of the world? Could explain why I feel like I'm aging faster than normal....

(sorry, just had to get that in :D )

Thanks for your continued updates.